C-Band and Linear KU LNB Motorised

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's my current prime 84e setup. The scaler on the bsc421 improved the Q ten points to 40Q on the low and 60Q on one TP. My C-band is 8ºw of center.

I have problems with RTN. With the aluminum on the Ku my Q goes from a bouncing 35Q to a steady 35Q with occasional evening peaks to 55Q. My CNX duo's threshold is 35Q.

A round dish my do better.

Attachments

• undr.jpg
    undr.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 131
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 125
  • close.jpg
    close.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 115
  • clamp.jpg
    clamp.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 128
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 137
  • sclr.jpg
    sclr.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 140
  • frnt.jpg
    frnt.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127
Here's my current prime 84e setup. The scaler on the bsc421 improved the Q ten points to 40Q on the low and 60Q on one TP. My C-band is 8ºw of center.

I have problems with RTN. With the aluminum on the Ku my Q goes from a bouncing 35Q to a steady 35Q with occasional evening peaks to 55Q. My CNX duo's threshold is 35Q.

A round dish my do better.

Nice Setup Putney, and thanks. Using your description above, I take it the C-band is looking at Galaxy 17 91°W . This is a stationary setup(fixed), I believe.

Nice Setup Putney, and thanks. Using your description above, I take it the C-band is looking at Galaxy 17 91°W . This is a stationary setup(fixed), I believe.

No, I've got a motor. It's a SG-6000.
I'm at 90.6ºw so 91ºw is my most southern (strongest) sat.

Here's what I pulled when the C-band was centered:

After tweaking the scaler and LNB, I was able to hit C-band on 91w, 113w, 118.8, 123w, 125w, 127w. ( I dropped the LNB and angled it up higher on the dish as suggested) Some were just locks on empty TPs (118.8), but I peaked at 75Q on one TP on 91w. All in all successful at finding strong C-band signals, but it was all christian broadcasting, which is already abundant on Ku. My Ku on a 15º offset tracked the arc and locked on 85% of the signals I had when the LNB was centered, but the signals were down 30Q points.

and a link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/186725-mini-bud-p-dish-question.html

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 126
With 72°W my true south satellite, if I use 72°W KU at the center, which C-band satellite, can I use as a guide to setup my offset C-band satellite or how many degrees off can i place the C-Band? The nearest C-Band satellite West of 72°W is 15° off and to my east is 58°W and 14° off?:confused:

Edit: What was the center LNB looking at when the picture was taken?

The center LNB was looking at 99° West Ku.

I would move the dish over to ~ 78° and try to peak the offset LNB's position and skew on 72°, then move the dish over to your most Eastern/Western C-Band satellites and check / re-peak them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)