c band digital blind scanning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i was wondering if when you blind scan a tp that is just for feeds do you get the channel back on your scan if nothing is going on at the time,or does it miss the tp if there is nothing on it,because i have scanned all sats from 87 degrees to 139 degrees on my dvb and have seen only two feeds and they were for the ion channel. i see on the charts like 100 or so fta c band channels labeled feeds and havent seen a real feed yet on dvb, just analog.

It will miss the TP if no signal is there. A lot could depend on your equipment? Different people have different set-up's. I myself have a set-up that I control the polarity with my 4dtv receiver, so I have to change the polarity on the 4dtv after the vertical scan is through, to ensure that the horizontal scan takes place. And with my Pansat I have to repeat the polarity change as the Pansat does a 2 part scan, one for logging and one for capturing channels. I also have a 10' dish, so I get move channels to come in with it than I would with my experimental 1.2m (4') dish. It really depends on what equipment you're using as opposed to being peeked in properly, and ect., ect.... You should be getting more than a couple of channels if you have a 6' dish or bigger?

Al

i have a 8 ft dish and am getting a good quality on most of them. i get around 75 pct on half the sats, and 25 to 50 on the other half. some sats like t6 for instance or g3 i am getting 75 to 90 pct on alot of the tps, i am changing polarity with my analog rec going from h to v, but some of the other tps i get nothing, even if i run all the way through the polarity one by one. i shouldnt ever have to move the dish a bump or two should i if i am already getting a really high pct? or can some tps be a bit farthar over than the others? i figured once you get that high quality it is up to the polarity to do the rest. am i right or wrong?

Although you might see a frequency/transpnder on Lyngsat for instance stating it is a feed frequency unless it is active or at least a carrier at the time your DVB blind scanner will miss it and sometimes, allthough rare, even miss it when it is active. Had that before, rescaned and up it poped.

If your on the sat htownjoe your on the sat. All the transponders for that particular sat will be where the dish is pointed. The only thing over the years I have noted, well at least for this part of world, that somtimes the skew of one transpnder to the other even on the same sat can vary a very small amount but there is not much in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)