C-band digital EWTN on Galaxy 11 - 91ºW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billsat

Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
I am trying to setup (donate) a C-band digital system to a church (west coast) so they can watch the domestic and international EWTN feeds on G11, Transponder 11C as shown on their website.

I think any of the current crop of digital FTA receivers and a good C-band LNBF should do the job, but what about the dish? Would a Fortec Star 6 footer (180cm) prime focus solid dish be enough?

Thanks. :)

I have a mini bud 4 footer, with bsc 621-2 Combo C/Ku lnb.

The channel comes in very well with 4 footer. About 8 of 10.
I have not watched the channel during rainstorm, it might fade.

So I'd say a 6 foot will be fine.

Last edited:
pmb1010, I take you are talking about a 4 footer offset dish. Are you using one of those conical scalar rings with the BSC 621-2 or the stock flat one that comes with it? I recently bought that dual C/KU lnbf but haven't tried it yet on my offset dishes due to the lack of a proper holder and the conical scalar.

6 footer works fine. I swung my 6' Fortec dish over to G11 the other day and they came in really strong :)

Thanks for the input iceberg and pmb1010 :hatsoff:

I will get them a solid 6 footer prime focus dish and try my BSC 621-2 on it. if it works, I will just leave that lnbf there, since I don't have a conical scalar ring for my offset dishes; I am still waiting in line for when those rings become available from one of the forum's members.

I will post my findings in this thread. Cheers :)

Fortec offset, and yes I got one of the last conical rings that seem to be getting very scarce...

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 198
Nice setup :)

I hope I can soon get a hold of one of those conical rings, I can't wait to get aboard the mini-bud train!

By the way, I found what seems to be a used 6ft prime focus steel dish earlier today, built from at least 12 "petals". Saw it on my way to work on the roof of what seems to be an abandoned building. It is pointing almost due north, so it's obviously not being used. Maybe who ever owns it would like to get rid of it and I could save a few bucks instead of buying a new one. I will try to find out the owner tomorrow morning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)