Status
Please reply by conversation.

JacksBack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
North America
Hi...

We've had huge C-band dish (with C and Ku band LNBs) for ages, but it's looking seriously like 4DTV and most of C-band will be coming to an end at the end of 2010.

We got a Nano2 FTA receiver and plugged it into the Ku feed from the dish. This works really well, and I'm guessing the C band feed will too, when I get to try it out.

At present, however, we need to keep the old 4DTV receiver around just to move the dish.

Does anyone know if there exists a DiSEqC device that will let a modern FTA receiver position an old-style C-band dish? The dish motor has wires that run into the house and wire up to the old receiver to power the motor.

Thanks.

--Jack

(Sorry if it's a noob question... I'm a noob...)

Yes there are numerous threads in the C band section.I too am new to C band and will be erecting at least on BUD in the near future.I can't help you more except to click on the C band subforum.G'luck

Hi...

We've had huge C-band dish (with C and Ku band LNBs) for ages, but it's looking seriously like 4DTV and most of C-band will be coming to an end at the end of 2010.

We got a Nano2 FTA receiver and plugged it into the Ku feed from the dish. This works really well, and I'm guessing the C band feed will too, when I get to try it out.

At present, however, we need to keep the old 4DTV receiver around just to move the dish.

Does anyone know if there exists a DiSEqC device that will let a modern FTA receiver position an old-style C-band dish? The dish motor has wires that run into the house and wire up to the old receiver to power the motor.

Thanks.

--Jack

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Sadoun Powertech GBOX V3000 Positioner DiSEqC 1.2 Compatible

> It's looking seriously like 4DTV and most of C-band will be coming to an end at the end of 2010.

Perhaps for commercial subscriptions, if the W5 thing falls through. That said I do not fear the end of C Band by a long shot.

Lets not forget that NHK, Deutsche Welle, Bloomberg, Univision, MBN, EWTN, CCTV9, Arirang TV, 3ABN, This TV, Nasa, PBS, The Pentagon Channel, My Family TV, Gem Shopping Network, BYU, ABC, ION, QUBO. RFD, etc.

You get the idea.

There is a lot of free, unencrypted television and radio available on C Band and with S2 Mpeg 4 more options exist for future growth.

I really hope the W5 thing works too, although I really hope they change their packaging if it does.

If they sell those channels a la cart, or in smaller bundles, I'll be the first in line with a credit card.

We worked out that we'd be spending over $600 a year to get the few channels we actually want if we went with their current packages. I'm all for paying a fair price for excellent TV, up to a point, but...

--Jack

Hi...

Thanks.

--Jack

Gbox (Sadoun) and Vbox (WS International) is available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.