C-Band Dish Positioner V-Box6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cazelly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Hi,
I am getting "Error2" from my V-Box6, and my dish does not move can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot
the V-Box6.
Thank you

Hi,
I am getting "Error2" from my V-Box6, and my dish does not move can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot
the V-Box6.
Thank you
Error 2 means the box is not receiving pulses from the actuator. Check the wire from the vbox to the dish for loose or broken connections (both at the vbox and at the actuator). Check the dish for binding and lubricate if necessary. If neither of these is the cause the actuator's reed switch or motor may have failed (reed switch can be replaced).

Last edited:
Think it should move the dish but only a little if it's a sensor error. If no movement, most likely it's motor.
You can test the motor with a 12v battery capable of a couple of amps. (I've used cordless drill batteries, 14 to 21 volts) Remove motor leads from VBox, connect battery to move the dish. If no movement check motor wiring. Connect battery to the motor at the dish - movement confirms it's the wiring) If still no movement - it's the motor.

Last edited:
My dish has the error from that same positioner, then it kicks in and goes, never skipping a beat after erroring out a couple times. Even after running the dish to both ends manually with no binding and not losing any positions, I have the same problem.

I've wondered (connections all checked) if the power supply goes weak and maybe stops the initial "oomph" needed to move the dish, thus it EXPECTS a pulse but the dish isn't moving.....and the error sees no movement. (just my theory.)

maybe even "caps" going bad....thinking of trying the Titanium positioner, bet it runs better! I've got under 100 feet of new cable, a rotary encoder for the pulsing, and same issue, cold or warm weather. Actually playing with the system later today. Going to swap motors to see if current draw is too high.

I've wondered (connections all checked) if the power supply goes weak and maybe stops the initial "oomph" needed to move the dish, thus it EXPECTS a pulse but the dish isn't moving.....and the error sees no movement. (just my theory.)
This is exactly what is going on in your case. The vboxes have never had what it takes to properly move a large dish. They are better suited for small 6' lightweight primes or smaller. They work, but barely. I burnt out 2 of them.

You want regret that decision, that is for sure.

Reactions: norman881
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts