C-Band FAQ's idea thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
just happy to find this

I came in to this site and thought I was going to have to unregister everything was pizza dish. You guy's have done a good job. Looks good.

Northern Utah, 10ft winegard mesh dish, Corotor II, C and KU band, Aspen eagle C and KU-.6
Lnbs, don't remember the C lnb rating, 4DTV 922, Viewsat Xtreme FTA reciever.

DTV box

...still using C-Band (analog) but looks like very little left there, wonder if adding up Dtv box can give me some extra (new?) channels....one "guy" (technician) said simply "nothing"....thanks for ideas

...one extra, as I can see I could hookup FTA unit to my C-Band dish...can you direct me for more reading and understatnding:"how to"? - might be(?) already listed on Forum?...regards

Newbie Suggestion

As a new person studying both C/Ku bands... the biggest confusion I have is in the transmission code/decode algorithms used in each band, and which LNB(F)s/receivers you need to decode them... Example:

C-Band can transmit in analog/digital - MPEG(2) and DigiCypherII, etc... does 4DTV transmit in a diff way? If that makes sense...
Ku-Band can transmit in which formats? There are DBS LNBs - I think these are used on Ku band to transmit pay-to-home? MPEG(4), Nagra, etc...

I know each Band has a operating frequency, but I get lost with the transmission CODECs used, esp when looking for receivers... do I need several receivers or are there one-does-it-all solutions. If this could be addressed, or point me to a article, etc... I am sure other newbs have this same confusion.

I have a BUD and install a feedhorn/scaler that can have a dual (L&C) C-Band LNB a dual (L&C) Ku-Band LNB and a DBS LNBF... I can pickup/decode X CODECs on the C-band... X CODECs on the Ku-band... and X CODECs on the DBS... if I have a receiver(s) that decode these CODECs.

Kind Regards...
Nate

Last edited:
Nate, here's a good place to start on your quest:
COOL.STF
You'll get a better idea of whats encryption system, whats transmission system,signal encoding.
It's a good read.

edit: My link wasn't exact>Click on MPEG2 on that page!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)