C-BAND Feed Question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005

I was handed a C-BAND LNB that is marked 3.7-4.2 Ghz...(other equipment is listed with my signature below) and have a few questions:

1) Is the frequency setting for the coolsat still 5.150? Any other settings?

2) The LNB makes a 90 degree turn into a small white box...can the grey scalar ring and polarizer (blue box) be removed to help with the weight of the unit, and simply attach the white box to the P* dish arm?

3) Anyone know how to interface the "blue box" polarizer? (voltage, switches, etc.)? I didn't get a controller for it!

4) Same question as #3 for an older actuator arm motor?

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• LNB_PIC.JPG
    LNB_PIC.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 138
That is a prime focus C-band LNB / Feedhorn.

That blue box is what switches you between Horz and Vertical Transponders. The Coolsat doesn't have a means to control it. I just sold my Coolsat for this very reason!

In your case, I'd recomend just getting a Voltage switched LNB such as the ASC421 from DMS. It'll be a lot cheaper and lighter for you.

Shawn95GT said:
In your case, I'd recomend just getting a Voltage switched LNB such as the ASC421 from DMS. It'll be a lot cheaper and lighter for you.

PSB sells the ASC421, that is where I got mine from. I think they are about $30 shipped. :)

Thanks for the help guys. At that price...looks like a new LNB may be the best way to go...

Mike1234 said:

3) Anyone know how to interface the "blue box" polarizer? (voltage, switches, etc.)? I didn't get a controller for it!

That looks like an old Chaparral unit. The polarizer can be controlled with an analog receiver as can the control arm. $15 max on FleaBay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)