C-Band/FTA/ AC-3 Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
I've read as much as I could about ac-3 audio in the forums ,however I need some questions answered...There is quite alot of services that are ac-3 audio on my C-band fta..I'm using a Cooltec which does not appear to support this mode...so here's my problem...how do I get the ac-3 to my home dolby stereo system,which supports ac-3 ..If I can't solve the problem I'm probably going to purchase another FTA rvcr. that supports ac-3...can anyone suggest a good recvr?? I was thinking something in the line of Fortec Mercury 2....Thanks..

I've read as much as I could about ac-3 audio in the forums ,however I need some questions answered...There is quite alot of services that are ac-3 audio on my C-band fta..I'm using a Cooltec which does not appear to support this mode...so here's my problem...how do I get the ac-3 to my home dolby stereo system,which supports ac-3 ..If I can't solve the problem I'm probably going to purchase another FTA rvcr. that supports ac-3...can anyone suggest a good recvr?? I was thinking something in the line of Fortec Mercury 2....Thanks..

I decode the AC3 from the satellite receiver with a Sony SDP-E800. This is a stand alone decoder made for a home surround sound set up. I got mine on eBay for under fifty dollars. I run a fiber optic cable from the satellite to the decoder and it sounds great!

I run a fiber optic cable from the satellite to the decoder and it sounds great!
Dang that must be one of the longer fiber optic cables created by mankind! ;-D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts