C band hurting Ku reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
When I connect my C-Band LNB to my diseqc switch it lowers my Ku reception by at least 20 points (as measure by pansat) no matter what polarity I'm using or if the receiver thats connected to the C-Band LNB is on or off. I have a DMSI 4x1 diseqc switch. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think my switch is defective?

To remedy this, I only connect the C-Band LNB when I'm using it and disconnect it after I'm finnished. I hate this because I would like to be able to go back and forth without having to power off and reconnect.

weird. I have hooked up a G10 dish and a C-Band dish and it worked fine on KU

For a while, I had G10 V KU Band and G4/G16 H C-Band hooked to a 3x4 multiswitch and the signal was the same.

That's strange, maybe you have a defective 4x1 diseqc switch. Have you tried connecting it to a different port, or better yet, try changing all the ports around and see if the results change any?

Al

I might get a new diseqc and try that. Would an A/B switch with the C-Band on one side and nothing on the other side be a good idea to put inline?

I have tried it in different ports

That's strange, maybe you have a defective 4x1 diseqc switch. Have you tried connecting it to a different port, or better yet, try changing all the ports around and see if the results change any?

Al

I too, have this problem but it only occurs if I am pointing at certain sats with my cband dish. Try different cband sats and see if this happens to you.

Which sats are the good ones and which are the bad ones--lol? I usually keep the c-band at IA 6 as the default position--lol.

QUOTE=vfrjim;794668]I too, have this problem but it only occurs if I am pointing at certain sats with my cband dish. Try different cband sats and see if this happens to you.[/QUOTE]

The noise or hot signal leaks through the not-so-good switch?

Or in engineering terms, the switches off-state-isolation is insufficient?

If that were it, would it matter which birds you looked at?
Oh! I get it.
Check (calculate) the actual frequency in the 950-1450mhz IF range on the two birds that cause problems.
That could be why only certain satellites cause the interference... that, and the switch doesn't have enough isolation.

Or, it could be something totally else... :)

Which sats are the good ones and which are the bad ones--lol? I usually keep the c-band at IA 6 as the default position--lol.

QUOTE=vfrjim;794668]I too, have this problem but it only occurs if I am pointing at certain sats with my cband dish. Try different cband sats and see if this happens to you.
[/QUOTE]

All I am saying is to put your KU dish on say G10R and move your Cband Dish to another postition and watch your signal strength on KU sat and see if it changes.

All I am saying is to put your KU dish on say G10R and move your Cband Dish to another postition and watch your signal strength on KU sat and see if it changes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I will try it tommorrow. Thanks.

Hey 9999,

Did you ever resolve this problem?

I am experiencing the same thing.. only worse with my Skystar2 DVB card. I have my C-band set on G16 for the Caribbean feeds 98% of the time. When connected to a pansat 4X1 disec switch, my G10 (old primestar dish) feed dropped from 90 to 10!

I almost ordered a couple of them Chieta switches off of fleabay, but gambled and bought a 10 pack of the DMSI for the same price. I have tried three of the DMSI and have the problem with all of them. If I move the bud off of G16, the G10 signal comes right back up. I need the diseqc switch for other feeds I want to add.

Both dishes are about 140' from the house. I guess I could try to attenuate the c-band signal, but hate to at this distance with only about 87% signal to start with.

Please let me know if you found a solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts