C band LNB on feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
does the position or angle of an C band LNB attached to a Feedhorn matter? I see an option for an angle bracket in the install instructions. I never put it in a certain postion that I know of before. :confused:

PKII said:
does the position or angle of an C band LNB attached to a Feedhorn matter? I see an option for an angle bracket in the install instructions. I never put it in a certain postion that I know of before. :confused:

I've never seen it make any difference which way the lnb was oriented, facing back or front. By angle bracket I assume you are refering to the waveguide elbow. Most people leave the elbow on as it helps the lnb remain withinn the feedhorn cover. I sometimes don't use the C band elbow myself, I've found that you can sqeeze just a tad more signal without it. Although probably not enough to notice on most signals.

The C band lnb will only mount 2 directions, either way the waveguides will line up. A KU lnb however you have to watch and make sure the waveguides are oriented the same way, as it's possible to mount them sideways. :)

spyder said:
I've never seen it make any difference which way the lnb was oriented, facing back or front. By angle bracket I assume you are refering to the waveguide elbow. Most people leave the elbow on as it helps the lnb remain withinn the feedhorn cover. I sometimes don't use the C band elbow myself, I've found that you can sqeeze just a tad more signal without it. Although probably not enough to notice on most signals.

The C band lnb will only mount 2 directions, either way the waveguides will line up. A KU lnb however you have to watch and make sure the waveguides are oriented the same way, as it's possible to mount them sideways. :)

ok. That is what I thought. I read somewhere that it mattered and I never noticed before what direction it was on my feedhorns before and the new one i got will have it pointing different so. lol. I was thinking it was silly for it to be pointed in a particular direction. lol. Thanks.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts