C-Band LnB purchase help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
hey guys,

I have a 8 ft mesh dish and I was looking to buy a new c-band lnb and I was hoping someone could help me.

I was thinking about buying this lnb

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11726&item=5793787578&rd=1

But i want to make sure if i buy this lnb if it would catch Intelsat 805. Obvisouly with proper allignment.

As well does anyone know if this lnb could have the possibilty of catching Intelsat 907

I'm located in toronto Ontario canada.

Once again thanks for the help.

Slimm

It would work on 805, but not 907. 907 uses circular polarity.

But note: That is an LNBF, not an LNB.

I would recommend lnb's when using a bud, I find the Norsat 8515 great for 4dtv, and the 8215 or 8115 great for both 4d and dvb, they cost a little more but are well worth it.

For 905 and 907 I never have had any luck pulling a feed on any of them, I am using a Linear setup though an I get a few feeds off NSS-806.

Hey guys another question , If i'm able to recieve a signal level of 92% but no quality . Since the level meter shows 92% does that indicate the lnb is still good? or would i be able to still get a level with a bad lnb... Just wondering..

Thanks

truckracer

Lnb could still be bad since signal level will show noise or signal. one way to get some idea is to move the dish through the arc and watch the signal level.
If it goes up and down as you move the dish from east to west the lnb may not be bad. I had a bad lnb once and it just showed a steady level , no quality and did not change as i move my dish with the actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts