C-band LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I have a couple of Ku dishes and would like to get a 6 foot C band dish this spring. Have not had C band in decades.

I see you can get C and KU-band combo LNB's do this work well? and which would be a better pick a C and Standard KU LNB or C and Universal KU?

If you can get a combo LNB then could I just use the 6' C band dish with the C/KU LNB and just use one dish? or do the small KU dishes work better and keep both separate?
Thanks.

Me personally...keep both separate if you can

The combo units some folks have had issues with because the focal point isnt the same on both and skew can be different

The following two come to mind if you want to experiment with C- and Ku- band:
CK-1 from SatelliteAV (or Sadoun) - it's Standard
BSC-621 Standard & 621-2 Universal, from any DMSI dealer.

Unless you want some particular Ku-bird that needs Universal, I wouldn't bother.
58° w comes to mind, but I don't think anything else over to 30° w does (which is also Standard).
I'm doin' good to see 58, and don't care, so Standards would be fine for me. :)

The dual band LNBF's seem okay on C-band, so if you like to play, ya might consider one.
Otherwise, there are a few attractive C-band-only LNBFs:
BSC-421 @ DMSI dealers
B1-stacked by Eagle Aspen @ Sadoun
C1 @ SatelliteAV
Think there was another one, possibly Digiwave, but not sure.
I'm sure others will chime in with more choices.

I use a Chaparral Corotor II and seperate Ku and C band LNBs. Works great on both C and Ku, but you need a receiver that can control the skew motor or there is no major advantage of having this type of setup over an LNBF like the BSC-621x series. A seperate 1m+ motorized dish for Ku is best, there are some really hot Ku LNBFs available for the offset style dishes and you can add a HH motor to point wherever you want (in the Clarke belt of course).
C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.