Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richinald

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2015
Aruba
Hello,

Just wanted to request if there can be given recommendations about a good LNB that can withstand weather conditions.(rain, sun and corrosion)
Also a requirement would be that the LNB should have dual polarity (die electric plate) and can pull in weak and strong transponders on C and KU Band.

The LNB should be able to be installed on a Paraclypse "12 mesh dish, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Everybody would like to have that ;) Not much available for C/Ku reception unless you spend some money for a dual orthomode feed and 4 LNBs and it's still a compromise. Titanium carries a LNBF version that may work for you. I use a Bullseye II dual ortho.
HTPCmay13 016.JPG

Titanium Satellite - Store

Hello,

Just wanted to request if there can be given recommendations about a good LNB that can withstand weather conditions.(rain, sun and corrosion)
Also a requirement would be that the LNB should have dual polarity (die electric plate) and can pull in weak and strong transponders on C and KU Band.

The LNB should be able to be installed on a Paraclypse "12 mesh dish, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Paraclipse is a great dish, but the older ones don't work great on Ku band. Most people elect to use an offset dish for Ku. I don't do Ku, but if I did, I'd use a 48 inch dish. It is possible to motorize them, but as Magic said, you may want to give Titanium's a shot, it's a lot less expensive than purchasing a 48 inch offset dish. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Hi take a look here,

Which combo feed LNB configurations or LNBF's works well or use 1 mtr dish for Ku?

The old paraclipse will work very well in KU band if time and effort is made on the installation, its one of only a few mesh dishes made with KU wavelength in mind,

Why most mesh dishes don't perform well in KU band is there wavelength is mainly for C band, this dish is a different kettle of fish,

If you want better results on the older dishes install finer mesh,

I'm not saying it will perform as good as a one piece solid spun dish of the same size but good results can be had.

Hi,

Thank you for all the feedback and recommendations,I appreciate it
It helps a lot for choosing the right LNB.

Richinald

Reactions: martin-f
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts