c-band multi-feed sat dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agers

Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
good day to everyone....

i want to ask some technical question regarding a multi-feed satellite dish.

presently i have a 10ft. sat dish (prime focus/mesh) receiving signals from telstar10 c-band, and i want also to receive signals from intelsat7/10 c-band.is it possible if i only add a set of lnb and a feedhorn to receive a two satellite signals with 8deg. difference in one sat dish?

my location: digos, philippines
6.7542deg north
125.356deg east

Hi and welcome to the site.

Your question being of such a technical one would be best asked in the cband section of our website as this is more of a general chat section for anything anyone wants to talk about. Go to the forums page and scroll down to the second section and there you will find the apropriate forum for your question.

look up multi feeds on the c-band board. it should be possible to add just another lnbf beside your current one. several members have added a couple of lnbfs to a fixed dish to receive several satellites at once.

thank you very much...

i got 2 satellite signals 1 sat dish.

Attachments

• 100_4728.jpg
    100_4728.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 533
presently i have a 10ft. sat dish (prime focus/mesh) receiving signals from telstar10 c-band, and i want also to receive signals from intelsat7/10 c-band.is it possible if i only add a set of lnb and a feedhorn to receive a two satellite signals with 8deg. difference in one sat dish?

For c-band they are two far apart. You would need a wider "torus" type dish.

Multiple Feed Antennas

For c-band they are two far apart. You would need a wider "torus" type dish.
I've been thinking of trying to find a 6' off-set antenna and turning it sideways to see if it could be used as somewhat of a Torodial type solution for C-Band? I've only seen one locally and it's being used (I'm sure) by a local Oil pumping station. Of course it's being used as it's intended use and not as my potential idea.

Al

Bravo Agers. Could we get a front view pic? Are the two sats Telstar 10 and PAS 7/10?
I will do same when my dish up.

See what this guy from Pakistan has done. 7 lnbs on a dish. Very encouraging pics

Attachments

• dish+3lnb.jpg
    dish+3lnb.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 1,637
  • dish+7lnbs.jpg
    dish+7lnbs.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 1,323
That would be the "same" satellite and not the adjacent one?

Is quality of the signal the same on both?

Nice picture!

signal quality 90%
signal level 70%

both satellite signals telstar 10 c-band & intelsat 7/10 c-band.

In the older day's of "the mirror in space" the rounder the dish was the more it gained for itself was looking correctly; in the 60's they invented mirroring from the dish; but every body of the shape; went to parabolica (it is a town inside). Then they realized; the signals were stronger because of the dishes shaped aim0; and poof-multi-satellite aimed!@ Which with the switch; each are only on when selected (lnbf). boom's of them (arrayed onto dish aiming); directv/dish 2 yr into);;; yes, the bigger the dish; the more the gain mentALITY is the work Cable GUY/GAL COMPANY. Internet loader speed's in the past of 50-500-1,000,000 are trained manual labor in my hands if machined into the way multi works is and ankle bucket pers is too;; Contractor License for the local to County access pleaser tower costed NEW C BAND DISH
the picture looks absolutely like not this one...my new satellite has its own keyboard...accomplished and proven stablity platform on looks alone; with many lnbf is donald duck look;;;;;000000...and $$$ into the future.
Image7.jpg

flying airplanes require length's and measures; because they had a motor and personality, the work is not under anything (no blockages of the signal's AIMED. motor's are all the "channels" loaded speed on download and; the newest picture has already been accomplished in the dish cox/comcast/etc.time;venus/jupiter

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)