C-Band NPRM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Currently staying on the 9th floor of The Strat Hotel in Las Vegas. Outside my window there are 4 C-band dishes on NPRM's (probably for the sports book).

Never seen an NPRM for a C-band dish before, so thought I'd share :)

6317983E-1084-47B2-8AB7-486B29488FE4.jpeg

DBD762D5-698C-4F94-802A-1D5795C40915.jpeg

4FFB53CE-CD14-4278-9822-F4982C798F9D.jpeg

Reactions: comfortably_numb
.....I wonder what those NPRM cost.
You can buy from here:

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hi a forum members is selling some.

Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Considering the prices for new ones, that's a bargain if you live local and can pick it up.

Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
There are a couple hundred plus 4.5 meter C band dishes in the Alaska bush, there are no traditional building materials available usually "rock boxes" are used to anchor them down. A variety of surface mounts are used whatever works.

Attachments

• S8001078.JPG
    S8001078.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
I mounted an 8ft CM offset on railway ties buried just below ground surface. Hasn't blown over yet! Likely not best for a rooftop though can't bury anything there unless you can tie into the roof structure somehow.
Shouldn't be difficult to weld something like post #6 with some material from a local scrap yard.

Reactions: martin-f
Here is a link to the NPRM install at the Ti shop. Added three safety chains tied into the rafters to minimize the chance of a fly-away, but it has never shifted even in heavy winds. Five years later and still tracking the arc.

Here is a link to the NPRM install at the Ti shop....
The only thing more beautiful than a 10-foot mesh is one on top of a roof in the clear able to see lower on the horizon.

I took one like that to the dump before my last move. I stupidly thought it would be too awkward to move cross country. When the 80-foot moving truck arrived, I realized my mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Reactions: martin-f

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts