C-band Problem Bad LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fortyfives

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Hi,

I have an 8.5 ft BUD with a GI analog receiver. I recently hooked it up, got it all alligned, and everything was working great. All channels were coming in fine.

Now here is the problem: I have noticed that I can tune in certain channels and they come in fine. If I change channels (without moving the dish or making any other adjustments) up or down and go back to the same channels, they may come in great or they may come in with lots of sparkles. For example, I may tune in C-span and it may come in fine or awful ( I never know what I'm going to get) . I can then go up or down a few channels and back. If I change channels enough times, c-span will eventually come in clear.

Some channels do not do this , some do. Some come in great all the time.

I have noticed the analog NASA channel has degraded all the time.

I have checked all my connections and they are fine.

Could it be my LNB is going bad?

Thanks,

John

I don't think so. I can attempt adjusting the skew when the picture is bad, and can't seem to get it clearer. The only way to get the picture to come in clearly is to switch channels up or down until it comes in clear. I thought maybe the LNB was drifting? Also, sometimes the TI filter will reduce the sparkles. Sometimes it won't.

Ok... My first BUD came with an antenna rotator ( i used it to go H/V) then I went from Lna to lnb and got the H/V switch but when I got sparklys would still fine tune with the old antenna rotator... (sometimes the skew was not enough)

I just replaced the Servo motor and added a 100 MFD capacitor between the red and black wires going to the servo motor. This totally fixed the problem and all my sats and channels are coming in great !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)