Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lak7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Near Chicago, Illinois
There seems to have been some changes to what Packages can be sub'd to.
SPS and NPS are not offering as many Packages, especially small, low dollar.
SPS's web page changed at Noon today, right before my eyes. SPS was trying to get IFC onto my account, as my only Sub'd Channel, and couldn't do it. They finally figured it out that their "Provider" has changed the rules on what you can get.

I think SPS is an NPS reseller. NPS has made alot of changes to force people to buy there Absolute Digital package for almost $500 a year now. With the additions of the Turner channels they added to G3 NPS is looking for tall dollars to support the uplink and tier bit costs.

I have 2 small alacarte pkg's and one single alacarte. I keep bouncing between NPS and SRL/Skyvision depending on who has tthe better price every 3 months. A much as the absolute digial package may be nice at times the price is right up there with Cable and LSD now and I will not pay that.

I noticed a huge difference in pkg. pricing even between Skyvision and SRL. Even though SRL is the provider for Skyvision, Skyvision had the cheaper price for the package I wanted. NPS wasn't even in the ballpark! I signed up for a year so at least I'm protected from fluctuations 'till this time next year.

We still have one thing going on C band that LSD and Cable don't, we have different program providers to deal with. Try that with Dish, Direct or Comcast :haha

I worry about subbing for 12 month intervals. I had a receiver damaged by lightning 2 years ago and lost several months of NPS programming, which they refused to credit. Looking back, I wish I had that receiver repaired sooner rather than replacing it and ending up with a defective one.

I now sub with SRL with 2 receivers with different packages that suit the household viewing. I sub with 3 or 6 month terms mainly because of channel changes. I read in this months edition of Orbit that Sundance and Oxygen Channels are going away from 4DTV soon. Although, I don't sub to either one, I'm sure others will lose out on what they've paid for.

I didn't think of lightning..........I generally try to unplug everything when there's a storm around. I find that power surges cause more problems than direct lightning hits around here.........although this will be my first summer with the 10 footer. There are still many things taller than it within 50-100 feet though.

I like the annual option because it's cheaper and because I don't have to think about another monthly bill.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)