Status
Please reply by conversation.

TreyWingbat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Planet Earth
I found this description of C-Band ribbon cable online:

"It has 3 conductor-20 gauge stranded for Feedhorn, 2 conductor-16 gauge stranded for dish mover power, 2 conductor 22-gauge stranded plus bare wire for dish mover sensor, 2 RG sweep tested coax, one for C-band, one for Ku-band."

So one end goes into the feedhorn, actuator and such, as well as the LNB, but where does the other end connect to in the receiver? Can I run the RG-6 into a Diseqc switch, as I already have a Ku-Band setup, and have just one RG-6 cable go into the receiver?

I use ribbon cable, been in use 20+ years. The wires for the servo are unused at this time as I've upgraded to a C band LNBF. At the dish is my diseqc switch to select C band(BUD) or any 1 of 3 Ku LNBF/dishes. Motor and sensor wires - actuator to G Box.
Can I run the RG-6 into a Diseqc switch, as I already have a Ku-Band setup, and have just one RG-6 cable go into the receiver?
Yes. If you're using a servo operated skew feedhorn, you will need an analog receiver, Budfoots (search the forum for Budfoot servo) servo driver or an FTA receiver which has servo outputs. Pansat 3500 or the new 9500HDX are two I know of. [h=5][/h]

Ok, thanks for the replies. C-Band is a whole new ballgame it seems like.

I do have an AZBox Premium Plus HD receiver, but I guess it can't move the dish? I'm thinking about getting dual Norsat 8115 LNB's used in conjunction with a Chaparral 1329 dual feed feedhorn. So that way I would not have to connect the servo cable?

Chaparral 1329 dual feed feedhorn
with separate H and V LNB's, Then you'll need a multi switch (modified to supply 18vdc to each lnb port) to select which lnb for H or V polarity. To move the dish, with the receiver from one satellite to another, you can use a G Box or V Box. Uses diseqc commands over the coax, inline to the dish/LNB(F).

FaT Air said:
with separate H and V LNB's, Then you'll need a multi switch (modified to supply 18vdc to each lnb port) to select which lnb for H or V polarity.

I have two C-Band LNB's (Norsat 8115) hooked up to an un-modifed multiswitch, a WNC SWA-48, and I have no trouble at all with them. I can't imagine them working any better. Mine are hooked to a AZBox Premium Plus too.

TreyWingbat said:
So you can move your C-Band dish with the AZBox Bob? Or do you have a V Box / G Box slaved to it to move it?

I use a GBox for positioning the dish.

I have two C-Band LNB's (Norsat 8115) hooked up to an un-modifed multiswitch, a WNC SWA-48, and I have no trouble at all with them. I can't imagine them working any better. Mine are hooked to a AZBox Premium Plus too.
AFAIK most switches put out 18 v on the horizontal port and only 13v on the vertical port. A lot of lnb's don't like that low of voltage. Yours apparently don't mind, or your switch puts out more.

AFAIK most switches put out 18 v on the horizontal port and only 13v on the vertical port. A lot of lnb's don't like that low of voltage. Yours apparently don't mind, or your switch puts out more.

Could be, I don't know. I have the vertical LNB hooked up to the 13V port. I was going to modify the switch, I have the resistors do to so, but before I did, I hooked it up just to see, and it worked. I have no problem with any vertical transponders that I can think of. I have an extra switch that is the SWA-48, I misspoke and said I had a SWA-48 hooked up. I don't it is the model that replaced the SWA from WNC. I ordered it from some place at Amazon. It was advertised as a SWA-48, but they sent the other one. Anyway, knock on wood, it is working so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts