C band sats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trommy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Nova Scotia
On 'The List' it shows many C band channels as Nag 1 encription.Why is it shown if encripted?Is there something I'm missing (besides the obvious,lol)?Thanks:)

Probably they are included to help anybody trying to aim a dish. Sometimes you can get a signal, run a blind scan, and end up with a bunch of channels, not knowing exactly which satellite you might be aimed towards. Having the info would help you quickly track down where you where in the arc.

Correct
But the receiver I use to update the list, while it shows the proper encryption when I load it to ChannelMaster, sadly changes it to Nagra 1 when its uploaded to thelist

one of those weird quirks I guess

Yeah, in the end we don't even need to know what encryption they are using, though sometimes it can be useful when 'road-testing' a former pirate box with hackware still in it; i've acquired quite a few discarded receivers i've gotten for free or really cheap, and i've flashed them with what factory files that in the end didn't 'take' and those boxes sometimes freeze and boot constantly on Nagravision or BISS encrypted channels, unless they are thoroughly cleaned.

Thanks guys.I was hopeing someone would tell me that N1 was open.Still lots of channels to look forward to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts