C-Band Setup for G10?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
but if the dish is working (the LNB's are good), even if it may not move, it still would work good (less rain fade) :)

but if it doesn't move, then it may be easier to get a new system

I will let him know what all the options are. I remember back in the day when he got it..... little to nothing was scrambled! Then he got the Digicipher, or whatever it was called and could order programming channel by channel :) It was like .39 for a channel (superstaion, cable type :) I always like watching the out of market stations - KTLA for one :)

VCII (VideoCipher II) was the analog version of scrambling. DCII is the new digital one. I do remember seeing those channels for .39 a month and was like "damn...thats pretty cool. Pick & choose"

I still use my VCII for ala carte and I love it, I only pay for what I want to watch

do you know approximatelly where he is aimed right now?

I know some older units might have been parked on G5 which is right next door to G10
G10-123W
G5-125W

iafirebuff, when you head over tomorrow, why don't you take your DVB receiver with you and slave it to his analog and see what you can get. Remember his analog receivers polarity will be the FTA receivers polarity. You might impress him, as well as yourself. Also remember, his analog won't have to be on ku for the FTA to work with ku, the FTA receiver will work on C-band, by this I mean you can still get ku signals with the FTA while the analog is on C-band. All the analog will do is control the polarity, whether it's on C or ku, either way it's pointed at the satellite, and the FTA can scan both C and ku, but not at the same time.

Al

thats a good idea voomvoom

Ia...couple pointers

when you scan his setup, use a different satellite than G10...don't want to goof up yours :)

LNB LO for KU is 10750
LNB LO for C-band is 5150

As noted, the analog controls the polarity, so when you blind scan only scan that polarity :)

good luck and let us know how it works....take some pictures if you can :D
we always like pictures of setups :)

of course you do...look on the bright side. You already have G10 working at your house. So go to the in-laws, play with the setup there and if all fails, do a factory reset when you get back home and rescan from scratch :)

True, doesn' t take too long to reprogram the names :) It is a sucky day AGAIN, so not sure if we are doing anything. I hate rain!

iafirebuff said:
True, doesn' t take too long to reprogram the names :) It is a sucky day AGAIN, so not sure if we are doing anything. I hate rain!
Damn I wish it would rain some here, my yard is starting to look like a dessert. Maybe I will get rid of the palm trees and replace them with cactus :D .

iafirebuff said:

but the cool part is even if its raining, C-Band takes a LOT to lose the signal :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts