C-band setup with Coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gentlemen:

Thanks for the detailed replies. That is what I love about this place. I will post photos tomorrow morning. And I will do the pencil test in the morning.

Thanks again,

Mike

Ok, I figured out some stuff, and got some photo's taken.

The coax the guy gave me had tape on it; one labeled C-Band, the other Ku band. That answers the question as to whether the LNB supports both sets of frequencies. Plus two additional cables for the power; I will need to replace all of that stuff.

I did the pencil test, and the mesh holes were much smaller than a number two pencil. So that is good.

Here are the photos I took; its really dreary outside right now, with no sunshine, so they are not the best, but it gives you a sense of the equipment I am working with.

But until I put this thing together, I really don't know about the quality of what I am dealing with. It looks like there are screws going into the feedhorn (is that the correct terminology for the casing surrounding the LNB with the scalar rings?) No clue if it would be possible to put in a new LNB or if I would need to. If I were to do it, I'd rather do it while the whole thing is apart!

Attachments

• PA160488.JPG
    PA160488.JPG
    909.1 KB · Views: 162
  • PA160481.JPG
    PA160481.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 157
  • PA160471.JPG
    PA160471.JPG
    754.1 KB · Views: 135
  • PA160473.JPG
    PA160473.JPG
    766.1 KB · Views: 149
  • PA160482.JPG
    PA160482.JPG
    762.2 KB · Views: 155
  • PA160483.JPG
    PA160483.JPG
    699.5 KB · Views: 144
  • PA160485.JPG
    PA160485.JPG
    689.3 KB · Views: 126
Can someone point me to a good resource on how to adequately ground the BUD. I was thinking that this is a giant lightning rod with cable heading right into my house; I want to make sure I properly ground the system.

I will be putting the BUD on the side of my house; about 5 feet from a cement pad that is adjacent to the garage. I will be doing a post installation; 4 ft above ground; 3 ft below ground.

Go down to your local hardware store and get a copper grounding rod and some grounding wire. Drive this into the ground reasonably close to your dish and connect the grounding wire between the dish and the rod. This takes care of the dish, for the cable(s), you can get a grounding connector that should also connect to the grounding rod with grounding wire.

bud1981

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)