C Band Subcriptions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TreyWingbat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Planet Earth
I was thinking about setting up a C-Band dish and subscribing to services. Are all channels much less compressed than pizza-dish based services / cable services?

I believe 4DTV services are only to subscribe to AMC 18 at 105 degrees via HITS, but none of these channels are in HD. How does one subscribe to the channels located at say Galaxy 14 / AMC 21 at 125 degrees?

I was thinking about setting up a C-Band dish and subscribing to services. Are all channels much less compressed than pizza-dish based services / cable services?
I would guess that would depend on your point of view, some people will say yes others no. Myself whatever, it sure is better than a pizza dish, and no contracts to boot!

The answer is "NO"about another satellite. If you want HD then you need to go with a pizza dish.

Oh, so no HD on C-Band? But I've come across some older threads (2006) on this site that stated people were getting some HD channels like HBO and Showtime.

As of 1/1/11 the 4DTV landscape has changed. Those old threads are just that...old info

Most of the C-Band subscription (variety on each sat) is gone and now its just on 105W (W5).

Ok, thanks for the update. So what about the HD channels on C-Band at Galaxy 14 / AMC 21 at 125 degrees, are those for broadcast transmission / distribution only, and not consumer use?

All a 4DTV can subscribe to anymore is the H2H (Hits 2 Home ) Channels on X4. They look way better than any pizza SD does. Thanks to NPS, Dish Network and Motorola we cannot get the master subscription feeds anymore except when they go ITC with a non bricked 4D. There still are a lot of pluses with the big dish though. Click on my link for 4DTV Online in my signature for more info.

I have see some of them ITC since January. I will not disclose any other technical information in an open forum. The eye candy treats are still out there for us here and there. It is not a daily thing though.

Well, there's quite a few of FTA on C-band that are HD. So, you might want to get an FTA receiver also. As for 4DTV subs, only X4 is available but there's no HD subs for 4DTV anymore.

I have my DSR-410 (W5 subscription) tv running through my Harmon Kardon receiver that does upscaleing and I cannot believe how good of a picture I get. I watch it on a Samsung 46" LED LCD monitor. My folks have a pizza dish they use for their RV so I hooked it up just to compare between the two, and hands down the W5 is a much better not as compressed and grainy picture as the pizza dish. The other nice thing is with the I have yet to get "rain fade" with the C band W5 setup where as the small dish, my folks will have issues in heavy rain.

Where do you live?
Maybe a long range OTA antenna might get you some networks in HD.

I routinely receive about 90 subchannels in sharp digital SD and HD.

Well, you still didn't post your location, so whether we could second guess ya on that, is moot.
There are web sites for estimating reception areas.
There are OTA antennas from hell, we know about (as well as amps).
We really can't evaluate your black hole, without knowing where it is. :)

My location is in my profile... it says Planet Earth... that didn't narrow it down enough? :)
But I do know about amps and such... and I know I'm just a little too far to get a reliable signal without putting up a huge mast, and I don't want to do that.
But I was inquiring about C-Band anyways, but it looks like that won't get me any HD channels via a subscription.

Trey
Unlike other parts of the site we dont criticize you if you're not in the US. We've got folks here with FTA/C-Band in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Central America and a few from SOuth America...even Europe and Australia. But its hard to give good info if we dont know where someone is.

Its like if folks didnt know where I was and only went off my "mythical" location in my profile (places men fear to tread) instead of me posting that I'm in Minneapolis, MN it would be hard to give good info

Obviously I was being facetious with the Planet Earth remark... but again, I was just asking generally about C-Band subscriptions and if any are available on 125, so I didn't think posting my location was relevant.

I have a big dish and motorola 4dtv. Can anyone tell me in simply layman's talk what I channels I can get and whether or not they are in high definition?. Only one that I use now is C-span.

If there is another receiver that I could get which would give me more channels, could someone give me order information.

I have tried a couple of times to use my computer's hdmi connection but don't get far, perhaps because I use linux.

Thanks in advance.

John

I have a big dish and motorola 4dtv. Can anyone tell me in simply layman's talk what I channels I can get and whether or not they are in high definition?. Only one that I use now is C-span.

If there is another receiver that I could get which would give me more channels, could someone give me order information.

I have tried a couple of times to use my computer's hdmi connection but don't get far, perhaps because I use linux.

Thanks in advance.

John

First, there is only programming now on X4 (H2H) from SRL which is paid subscription. Also there is no longer HD available..You can read some of the previous postings here or go to this web page. for some answers.

4DTV | 4DTV Online By TvroPro | The Official 4DTV Info Site | C Band Satellite Programming | 4D Map Master

As far as another receiver you'll need to go with a FTA setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)