C Band system in local swap sheet - fair price?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just found this lisitng - does this sound like a fair price? Also - would this be a decent starter c band system? I know very little about c band :) THANKS!

Satellite System;
10ft wire mesh dish, electric dish mover with cover, GI S350i receiver, decoder module, LNB, feed horn with cover, $150.

A little high to me.
I'd at least go take a look to see if the LNB is actually a Quality Chaparral style dual Feed Horn with quality C and Ku LNBs.

one lizards opinion:

As an impulse item, I'd think, "no".

If you're really interested in C-band, read the C-band department.
Look at the dishes people have found (many for free), and get an idea what type and size you'd like.
(and find out what size you need)

If you don't mind taking one down and hauling it home, ...digging up their pole, ...and maybe knocking the concrete off it, ...then you could get at least that good a system for free.
See my signature: AMCI 8' perf & AJAK-180 )
Spending money does not guarantee a better system.
Careful shopping, and luck, does! - :cool:

There are lots of hidden costs in a C-band setup, so save your money for a good post hole digger.
I got one with a compound clam on the business end; maybe $40 on sale.
You'll need lots of bags of cement.
Ya may use an analog STB as a mover to start, but you'll soon want a Gbox v3000 from Sadoun, to use with your DVB receiver.
And the co-rotor that's on it will eventually give way to a C2, or a nice little ortho.
Not to mention the obligatory AZbox or equivalent! - :eek:

So, save that $150; you'll need it soon! - :D

Just found this lisitng - does this sound like a fair price? Also - would this be a decent starter c band system? I know very little about c band :) THANKS!

Satellite System;
10ft wire mesh dish, electric dish mover with cover, GI S350i receiver, decoder module, LNB, feed horn with cover, $150.

In short...no way, it's totally over priced. Your north of me and I know that there's more dishes you could pick up for free, good time of year to drive around and look for them.

Take your time iafirebuff , this is the perfect time of year to find a free setup or very low priced sysytem. I think $150.00 is a bit high , as Anole said you will most likely run into other cost . I myself have aquired 2 bud systems for 0$ . Most people just want them out of there yard especially at this time of year with spring cleanning . And as where to put a bud , where theres a will theres a way ;} Good luck on your hunt .

size matters:

Well, Iceberg and a few others seem pretty happy with prime feed 6'ers.
Not many of those out in the wild.
You'll have to check out site sponsors.

The few 6' offset dishes on NPRM's out on buildings, are free.
But, the guys who have 'em don't seem too vocal.
They're all on fixed mounts, and don't lend themselves to being easily motorized.
I gave up caring about the ones around here when I found an 8½' Birdview solid.

You will find 4'ers growing in the field.
I'd consider that a last resort as the results are pretty hampered.
Of course, if the signals you want can be had on a miniBUD, go for it. - :up
All our sponsors have 'em.

I think once you set your mind to looking for nice BUDs, you'll see 'em everywhere.
And I'll bet 3/4er of the owners want 'em gone.
Half of those would be happy to see 'em gone for free! - :cool:
And most would help you dig it out or take it down, if they're able! - :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts