C band user/owner & Repair manuals for FREE to good home

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drjohn14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
beautiful San Diego
I have been a c band repair service in San Diego, Ca since 1985. I am going out of business and want to give a good home to all the manuals I have from the c band days. I have manuals, both user and repair, on almost any equipment manufactored since 1980.These include Amplica, Toki, Chaparral, Drake, Echostar, HTS, General Instruments, Macom,Janiel, Norsat, Pentex, Scientific Atlanta, Uniden, DX, Luxor, STS, Channel Master and many more. At least 4 book shelfs worth. I also have some manuals for c band dishes and at least 30 pounds of older hand remotes. I do not want to copy and send 1 manual at a time. I just want/need to have someone pay shipping or come to San Diego and get these items, otherwise, its to the circular file at the end of this month. If interested contact me at 619-239-4882 or e-mail me at drjohn1960@att.net. Thanks drjohn

A virtual goldmine of info. Hope something can be done to save 'em. Lots of work to PDF 'em for one person, but maybe a 'team' ? Would a public library get involved????? Could a group become a 501?

A modern copier, like we have in my office, will automatically scan a pile of documents and convert them to a PDF. It would require destruction of the books (reducing them to single sheet pages rather than bound) but it would be an easy way to do it.

It sounds like a large number though.

manuals

What a gold mine of info,I sent you and e-mail for what I need, hope you respond. Thanks for not just throwing this stuff out.I'll try calling tomorrow,if I don't here from you.

I have a manual for a Uniden personal cable PC4000 receiver, Chapparal Corotor II, and a VCRS module that I need to scan to PDF someday, but cant right now

i would be interested in the project , i will also send email. although i wouldn't be able to scan for a month or so ... the intention would be to upload to this sites manual section.

Don't think there's a 'rush' to get them scanned, just retrieved to be saved.
its to the circular file at the end of this month.
Getting them electronically archived will take some time even for a team. But in that there's no 'rush'.
If I were near, I'd be 'right over' with an enclosed trailer. Figure out the 'distribution' to the team doing the archiving later. SatAV have a little wall space available????? Just thinkin'. I'd pay the shipping on 5 to 10 lbs of 'em to archive. Now if all the FTA members capable of it were to do the same???
If server space is an issue there's plenty of free servers that could store 10g or so on a free acct. Maybe have a couple accts store the same. Then if one were deleted, the other is there as a backup, and could be put into another free server acct. example of free servers: http://fatair.webs.com/ http://theho.web.fc2.com/BUD/
I've got another web site that I haven't touched in over 8 yrs on a free server. I've long ago lost/forgotten the login. But it's still there.

ok trying to make arrangments for the manuals. we can do it as a project or i can do it (it will just take me some time to scan) i have the equipment to do it just finding the time ( which i usually have more of in the winter months)

I'd be happy to help someone if they get these. I can scan and work on hosting.

great when i get some of the manuals i will try to add people that want to help

my thoughts also would be to catalog them to CD/DVD then make plans for site .... could even contact Scott and see if there is a path forward that route.
my file hosting days are a bit rusty since its from the BBS days and we hosted them on a scsi multi cd changer... lol i'm sure a lot has changed since then :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts