C/Ku Analog Compatible Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Is there a list of C/Ku band Analog compatible receivers somewhere? I want to be able to watch ebay for a cheap receiver. I can afford about $50 after shipping, which is what some are going for but, $100 is out of range right now.

If anyone knows of an extensive database that lists specs for different receivers, I'd like that resource too. Thanks...

johnny_baker said:
i have a viewsat, u can get them on ebay for $100, great place to get stuff

Viewsats are capable of Analog? I thought they were DVB only like Pansat....

Thanks.....

Viewsats can't get analog. Their digital only

taelon...99% of the analog boxes will work just fine for KU analog. There really isn't much difference between boxes. The only thing off the top of my head that would be a difference is
-some have a UHF remote
-some of the older boxes have issues fine tuning KU. I have a Uniden 4200 (which is a single sat reciever) and KU seems to be a couple channels off (if its suppose to be on 6, its on 8)

Iceberg said:
Viewsats can't get analog. Their digital only

taelon...99% of the analog boxes will work just fine for KU analog. There really isn't much difference between boxes. The only thing off the top of my head that would be a difference is
-some have a UHF remote
-some of the older boxes have issues fine tuning KU. I have a Uniden 4200 (which is a single sat reciever) and KU seems to be a couple channels off (if its suppose to be on 6, its on 8)

Ok. Thanks....

I like the Toshiba's and the newer (I guess you can say that) :) Unidens

I have 2 Toshiba TRX1420's and they work really well.

I love my Drake 1724's, very good boxes and they have UHF capability :D

My personal favorite analog receiver is the Pansat BR2000. The fine tuning adjustment is fully adjustable for any frequency in the band (both Video and Audio are manually tuned). Features Video inversion for KU. The scan feature helped find many a feed!

This receiver is an absolute find if you ever see one for sale!

SatelliteAV said:
My personal favorite analog receiver is the Pansat BR2000. The fine tuning adjustment is fully adjustable for any frequency in the band (both Video and Audio are manually tuned). Features Video inversion for KU. The scan feature helped find many a feed!

This receiver is an absolute find if you ever see one for sale!

I can't wait to get into the Analog stuff, got one receiver coming. Plus, I ordered a Coolsat 5000 today, from this cool place that everyone is always talking about called
SatelliteAV. Ever heard of it? :D My motorized Ku dish is anxiously awaiting it, and the Pansat 2700 is no longer going to be my primary receiver. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts