C/Ku band Listings 1988

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I used to love the intro to yellow rain when the guy walks into the mensroom and there is a VC2 in the toilet and it would say p*$$ on the VC2.

Is the show in Atlanta open to the public? if so where can I find the info on it, I might like to go.

icstephen, I'm sure it is. Assuming you're talking about the SBE 2007 (Satellite & Broadband Expo 2007)(previously known as Satellite Expo), it's at the Georgia International Convention Center, and the dates are April 18-21, 2007 Atlanta, GA USA. I've never been to that building, I know it's at the Airport, I think it's on the north side. Also, you might want to go to this :
DMS INTERNATIONAL WELCOME BREAKFAST
Thursday, April 19th 9:00 AM
GICC Grand Ballroom
There is also an advertisement (re-recurring) at the top of the this page about it and a Banquet for the Pioneers of Satellite. I want to go, but I wanted to go last year. Only time will tell. Maybe I'll see you there?

Al

I used to love the intro to yellow rain when the guy walks into the mensroom and there is a VC2 in the toilet and it would say p*$$ on the VC2.

Is the show in Atlanta open to the public? if so where can I find the info on it, I might like to go.

As for Yellow Rain... It was cool because sometimes they would scramble the pic using the same method that The Fun Channel used... All you had to do was hit the video invert and the pic would clear up... I kinda discovered that trick with The Fun Channel as well:D. CC

icstephen, I'm sure it is. Assuming you're talking about the SBE 2007 (Satellite & Broadband Expo 2007)(previously known as Satellite Expo), it's at the Georgia International Convention Center, and the dates are April 18-21, 2007 Atlanta, GA USA. I've never been to that building, I know it's at the Airport, I think it's on the north side. Also, you might want to go to this :
DMS INTERNATIONAL WELCOME BREAKFAST
Thursday, April 19th 9:00 AM
GICC Grand Ballroom
There is also an advertisement (re-recurring) at the top of the this page about it and a Banquet for the Pioneers of Satellite. I want to go, but I wanted to go last year. Only time will tell. Maybe I'll see you there?

Al

Actually the airport is south of the city, I will try to get more info and may very well end up going. I live not too far noth of Atlanta so I could easily drive there in an hour. I am not too sure where the building is but I'm sure I can find it ...maybe we will see you there. I wonder is Scott is having a get togather so satguys guys can meet.

And on Yellow rain, Shawn sure had it in for GI but I have to admit he had a point about those VC2's they where way over priced, they where like $500.00 if I recall correctly (I may be wrong). The programmers finally got smart and started subsidizing them, my mom got one for not too much money when she switched to one of the programming providers (I can't remember which one anymore)

This is as good of a thread as any to post this... not to long ago Art Mann had a show on with swamp buggy races on HDNet... how many of you remember the National Sports Calvacade show on The Nashville Network where they had these along with NHRA Drag Racing and other motorsports?:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)