C & Ku Band on Small Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks David. As soon as I make some adjustments in my setup. I'll commence with playing with the cband on my small dish.

On 99 I get 30 channels. 97 I get 4. 95 I have 8 channels. 91 a dozen (sometimes the CW is unscrambled and I get 5 more). 83 I get a couple. 55 and 58 I get a whole bunch. Most are spanish. 101 has 3 or 4. 103 sometimes I get the Ion mux. 107 has over 20. 111 gets 2 channels. 121 gets about 10. 123 gets 2 unscrambled. On 125 I get the TBN mux.
Well worth the effort. And it's true what everyone says. It will make you want a bigger dish. I am currently putting up a 6 footer. Hope to get a lot more c band!

When ya have time, could you please list the channels you get?

Cheers, K

interesting project. I'm thinking of putting my c-band on the 1.2 and the k-band on the 6'. would any of the lnbf's I use on the 1.2 for k-band work on the 6' prime focus dish? chas

Not properly, what you need is a Ku LNBF designed for prime focus.

The channel list is what I would want; but first, let's take a look at the comparison of 2 degree spaced frequencies of co-4 degree spaces. Here, the available satellite frequencies list of FTA or DVB-S/S2 is compared to both sides of the dishes available + not FTA frequencies list "used" on each of the adjacent satellites! What shows at 4 feet are a NUMBER OF PROBLEMS IN c band receptiveness; it still depends on the dishes "beamwidth"; which varies immensely at diameter. This does not mean it misses that much; because the signals are still there; the "avalanch" "available" becomes the important thing "missing"... 6 foot shows this problem too; and without making it perfectly static in all formational dish reflection; will it work on "every channel" (no) but it gets many I want and need! And the oldest satellites in the sky today depend on their constellation values still (2 degree spacing +- .); they work for the channels they aim at "statically" or on polar mounts!

I used a dish that was 4' mesh portable; (today motor only) in 2008 and watched Sportsman channel in FTA mode for years (before they became scrambled) using a c lnbf single; so yes; they will get you channels! Lots (enough) if you speak English (C Band has most)! To get KU with it is the pudding; we already know how fine an arc that is needed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts