c/ku band satellite dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smoothtforu

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Michigan
I am new to this forum and to internet forums entirely. I need some help. I have been doing some research on satellite dishes and I finally found a 6 foot c/ku band dish. I am looking to get channels on the satellite NSS 7 on 22 west. I live in a small town in south west Michigan. Some people that I have talked to have told me this is an impossible mission because the satellite sits so low on the horizon and some have said that it may be done, with a lot of doubt though. I really need to get this if it can be done. I need some help.
Thanks

I dont know exactly where you are so for fun I picked Grand Rapids and NSS7 is at a 10 elevation

is it doable? yep..... I can get Hispasat (30W) here in Minneapolis at 9 elevation
you need one heckuva line of site though to the east :)

looks like the channels are from Bolivia & Brazil that are on that satellite

Thank you for the quick reply Iceburg. I have more questions though. I will give you the exact town and its zip. It is called Berriensprings and it's zip code is 49104 or 49103. what kind of a dish would I need for this NSS 7 on (22 west). Please advise. Please go to the lyngsat website back slash NSS7 dot html. This will give you an idea of the channels that I want to get for example TV Africa. I was not able to post a link because the system rejected it. It said I need to have three or more posts to be able to post a link.

TV Africa is not beamed to the US, and looks to be Radio Channels.
Look at the column labeled "beam", that shows what part of the world the channels are available to.

Thanks for the tip. I now see that TV Africa is not beamed to the united States. what other satellites can I get African channels or programming from. someone told me that I can get SABC Africa on 97 (west). Galaxy 19. I wonder if there is more. I also need satellites where I can get soccer from. Help

for that zip I still get a 10 elevation

channels on 22W beamed at the US

R-3761 22.650
ATB RED NACIONAL Bolivia
Audio: Radio Doble Ocho Latina FM 88.5 La Paz
UNITEL Bolivia
RED UNO DE BOLIVIA Bolivia
Audio: Radio Panamericana FM-96.1 La Paz
BOLIVISION Bolivia
Audio: Radio Cadena Nacional (RCN) La Paz
PAT Bolivia
Audio: R Fides AM-760 La Paz / R America de Bolivia
UNITEL SANTA CRUZ Bolivia
ENTEL Bolivia
Audio: Radio Santa Cruz FM-90.7 Santa Cruz
TV BOLIVIANA INTERNACIONAL Bolivia
Audio: Radio Sol / Radio Erbol La Paz

R-4034 03.700
TV LESTE Brazil

R-4048 03.333
TV TAMBAU Brazil

R-4054 03.333
TV TROPICAL Brazil

R-4057 02.441
TV MUNDIAL Brazil

R-4071 03.500
TV PAMPA Brazil

R-4152 06.400
ACP SAT 1 Brazil
ACP SAT 2 Brazil
ACP SAT 3 Brazil
ACP SAT 4 Brazil

R-4160 02.400
CARAT TV Brazil

L-3966 02.222 0
TV PONTA NEGRA Brazil

L-3970 03.333
TV CIUDAD (SAO LUIZ) Brazil

L-3976 01.845
TV ITARARE Brazil

L-4016 03.660
TV CIDADE (FORTALEZA) Brazil

Like I said in my first post, I am new to FTA. Now that I know that I it is impossible for me to get the African channels on NSS7 at (22 west), I need help with satellites that have African programming; as many as I can get, understanding that there isn't much of African channels beamed to the US. On the same note I am looking for a system that I will get the most out of. Because I want to be able to pick up as many FTA channels as possible. please advise. Is this system good for the price and would you recommend it. Please look at the systems labelled MC-1 FTA-Motorized CKU Choice Set: on this link C-Band Satellite System. If any suggestions on equipement please let me know. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)