C Ku Band verses direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

plumbandlevel

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
texas
Hello, I am new to the stellite scene, and do not know alot about the subject. I am thinking about buting a Big dish system and I would like to receve c and ku bands but would like to do high speed internet to can I get a system to do all or do I need to buy three diferent systems and if so what is the word as to wich system I should be looking at?

thnx
:)

It's do-able, but I would think you would be much better off with a dedicated dish for your high speed internet. If you can get DSL through Cable or Telphone lines, they are much faster than Satellite DSL. As far as a Big Dish for C-Band and Ku-Band, that's great, but if you are comparing it with Directv (for programming), then go for a 4dtv receiver and you'll have cheaper programming than Directv offers. And you can also get a DVB receiver and utilize both C-Band and Ku-Band for some great supplemental programming, and it's Free. Or you can get away from subscription programming and watch plenty of variety programs of all sorts. But take note, there is no Free Lifetime or Halmark and other such familier cable type channels. There are so many different things or ways you could do or go? I don't have time to write a book, although, one would probably get rich if they did write a book on all the different "How To's" and "What If's", that can be done with the right equipment. Anyway, Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck!

Al

Hello, I am new to the stellite scene, and do not know alot about the subject. I am thinking about buting a Big dish system and I would like to receve c and ku bands but would like to do high speed internet to can I get a system to do all or do I need to buy three diferent systems and if so what is the word as to wich system I should be looking at?

thnx
:)

Welcome to the forum :welcome

I would definitely go with a big dish, 10 foot or better for the C and Ku bands. Then get a fixed dish for your internet. As far as receivers go. Get a Motorola DSR 922 (4DTV) for your main receiver. Then get a FTA receiver, I use a Pansat 2700A for the FTA stuff. When you see all you can get you will never think about the little dishes again. C & Ku band will always have something up there worth watching and quite a bit of it is free. We get the Master feed's, Backhaul feeds etc etc, it's great . :)

There are quite a few good subscription channel options also with all prices less than cable and the small dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts