C, Ku, FTA, Subscription channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
How does someone legally subscribe to channels I see on FTA satellites that say scrambled? Is there a special receiver I need that has an access card? What legal subscription channels are on FTA for the USA? I used to subscribe to channels back when I had my old receiver using a decoder. The only thing I've seen when reading the forums is 4DTV but I hear they are doing away with that. :confused:

How does someone legally subscribe to channels I see on FTA satellites that say scrambled? Is there a special receiver I need that has an access card? What legal subscription channels are on FTA for the USA? I used to subscribe to channels back when I had my old receiver using a decoder. The only thing I've seen when reading the forums is 4DTV but I hear they are doing away with that. :confused:

DSR-410 which has 4DTV in it. There is one sat that I understand will be a major 4DTV bird. I just can't remember which bird it is.

What sat are we talking about? On KU 97W is Globecast which needs their own receiver (globecastwtv.com)

105W (W5) is the "big" 4DTV sat

4DTV isn't dead yet. Programming will continue to be available on W5 (AMC18). Contact Skyvision for details.

What sat are we talking about? On KU 97W is Globecast which needs their own receiver (globecastwtv.com)

105W (W5) is the "big" 4DTV sat

I'm not sure but 97 W Ku has a lot of scramble channels just wondering if there was a legal way to subscribe to any of those channels.

BTW why does 97w Ku have so many channels on FTA than I've seen on any other satellite?

97W has so many channels because it is the satellite Globecast uses for its subscription service. These channels are meant for direct-to-home, and they are offered by Globecast with their service. The scrambled channels require a subscription to Globecast, as well as the use of their (crummy) receiver. The channels that are in the clear can be received by any FTA receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts