C/Ku receiver specs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
some would say both c & ku
but most of the older ones do both you have to get alot older to get c band only
if it has knobs on it then its too old :) if your looking at certain models or ebay just let us know and we will let you know if we know it . most are heavy and cost a good bit to ship so they might not bring a high price some if you can find them are new old stock (NOS) thes are nice and usually have a manual included and Remote (sometimes this is the most important thing. some receivers are hard to program without a remote)

Will a Viewsat Ultra get Cband?

I am getting a 6' dish(in central Tx) and would like to setup for C/Ku with Viewsat Ultra. Also is the 922 the only way to get Dcipher ll. But for learning purposes do u suggest getting an analog receiver for starters and if so what is a good one? Thanks guys!

i would suggest setting up the 6 ft dish and using your viewsat to experience the DVB ( digital ) c and ku channels. then if you want to start building to that system to go from there.

First, I agree with Gabshere, above.

I wouldn't put the Viewsat on my top 3 most wanted list.
But, if you have it already, you can get started.
See what others have to say about: Mercury II, Pansat 3500sd, and Coolsat 5000.

If you are getting a dish with no LNB, and expect to ever put 4DTV onto it, you would want to avoid the BSC-621-2.
It's a switching thing.
However, the GeoSatPro CK1 and BSC-621 might both be suitable choices.
Make sure you get a proper mounting ring to fit the LNB to the dish, if that's required.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)