C on a KU motorized dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I have been reading some other forums where a few FTA guys rigged a .90 meter or alittle smaller motorized dish set up with a c/ku band LNB and got good results!I would think that it was the stronger c band signals they received with a q of 60 or better.Would be nice if i could rig my .90 meter set up so at least i could get some of the stronger c signals and still have the KU.Anyone here ever try such a thing!I know others have done it with some good success from reading and pics of setup in action.

I get a lot of channels with my 1.2M mini-BUD, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. I, too, have ordered the Bargain 6 foot dish from Galaxy Marketing. A 4 foot dish makes a great Ku band dish, and a marginal C-band dish. A 90cm dish on C-band is only a toy to see if you can get it. Not a bad project, a good learning experience, but not a serious solution unless you only want to get the religious channels on 125W . They come in like gangbusters on my 4 footer.
:)

I too have a 4ft minBUD and agree with brentb636. I get a lot of channels but ultimately it leaves you wanting more. Depending upon what you want/need it may be sufficient particularly if you can't go bigger and if you have no other options, its definitely better than nothing. I picked up the 6ft dish from WSI yesterday and will hopefully find some time to install it soon and my 4ft will return to being a full time Ku dish.

Your .9m dish is probably not worth the time/effort for C-band. If you are going to experiment, I'd say 91W has some prettry strong transponders with some nice channels, as well as a plethora of religous programming ;) I can also can receive quite of bit of spanish programming from Satmex 5/6 if that is of interest.

stanleyjohn, i have the wsi 90cm and have been messing with just a c-band lnb (dms 421) and scaler. i was able to lock 99w but not everything listed on the list. i barely received 91w channels listed, they would come and go. i also got 58w and 43w (a couple strong tps but nothing else). what i want to try is 1adam12's post on the walrus scaler. i tried before but used the wrong material. in reality i am calling robbie tomorrow to see about the 6 footer deal for c. there was more on ku the night i was messing with the 90cm for sports so i switched over.

stanleyjohn, i have the wsi 90cm and have been messing with just a c-band lnb (dms 421) and scaler. i was able to lock 99w but not everything listed on the list. i barely received 91w channels listed, they would come and go. i also got 58w and 43w (a couple strong tps but nothing else). what i want to try is 1adam12's post on the walrus scaler. i tried before but used the wrong material. in reality i am calling robbie tomorrow to see about the 6 footer deal for c. there was more on ku the night i was messing with the 90cm for sports so i switched over.
]
I dont think
you will be disapointed in getting a 6 footer for the c band and wow!!! what a cheap price robbie is offering.I know many here have larger BUDS but i get many c band channels including s2!.

I get a lot of channels with my 1.2M mini-BUD, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. I, too, have ordered the Bargain 6 foot dish from Galaxy Marketing. A 4 foot dish makes a great Ku band dish, and a marginal C-band dish. A 90cm dish on C-band is only a toy to see if you can get it. Not a bad project, a good learning experience, but not a serious solution unless you only want to get the religious channels on 125W . They come in like gangbusters on my 4 footer.
:)
Excellent advise. :) Not to take anything away from people having some fun experimenting, but.. for C-Band, I have discovered anything less than 1.2m is a waste of time. A six footer (1.8m) is the minimal size for decent gain and acceptable adjacent satellite rejection.

I have a 6 foot solid dish and that is as small as I want to have. My other dish is a 8.5 ft screen and wish I could have a 10 ft. for C band. The bigger the better. Look around there are Free dishes for the taking. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)