C2PLL LNBF: How Much Would You Pay?

Would you purchase a C2PLL C-band LNBF? If so, what price?

• Not Interested at Any Price

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • I would buy: $36 - $40

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • I would buy: $31 - $35

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I would buy: $26 - $30

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I would buy: $20 - $25

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I paid over $100 for my norsat 8115

Single output
150khz stability
15k noise

And still had to supply the feed horn. If this sells for anywhere near $50 is a crazy good price and will sell like hot cakes.

As a credibility plus I'd love to see charts displaying frequency vs noise and frequency vs gain. Everyone tries for low noise but we all know the published noise figure is a best case scenario same with gain, is pretty much impossible to have a perfectly flat gain over the entire spectrum.

UDL

I know what an lnbf is. Never having been good at initials, it took me a couple of years on that. I don't know what PLL is though. Probably when someone tells me what those initials stand for, I will know what it means. Never have fit in with the lol bff lmao group

I am always searching for stuff which will make my reception better. :)

I have been researching LNB's and almost pulled the trigger on a Bullseye setup... but I am glad I waited. :D

I know what an lnbf is. Never having been good at initials, it took me a couple of years on that. I don't know what PLL is though. Probably when someone tells me what those initials stand for, I will know what it means. Never have fit in with the lol bff lmao group

Phase-locked loop ;)

I am always searching for stuff which will make my reception better. :)

I have been researching LNB's and almost pulled the trigger on a Bullseye setup... but I am glad I waited. :D

Well, that's the elephant in the room...
how's it going to perform up against a C-only ortho feedhorn?

Rejection of the unselected polarity and phase noise are the two things that come to mind.
Frequency stability and signal sensitivity shouldn't be a problem.
So, what else is there?
I'm really not sure.

Not saying a C2PLL won't be wonderful.
I'm willing to bet money that it will.
Just wondering if I should dump my orthos while they still have value? ;)

I tend to agree that individual components that are optimized for a specific purpose will likely provide excellent results. I wouldn't rush out and sell the orthos! :D

A LNBF solution would be much more cost effective and prototypes will develop the desirable operational characteristics such as cross polarization, phase noise, etc.

The goal here is to provide a better mousetrap and using the C2 as an initial benchmark. We may find that the C2PLL performs as well against the ortho or it may not...

Just trying to get a feel for the hobbyists interest in this proposed product, then let the testing and reviews qualify the product.

Well, that's the elephant in the room...
how's it going to perform up against a C-only ortho feedhorn?

Rejection of the unselected polarity and phase noise are the two things that come to mind.
Frequency stability and signal sensitivity shouldn't be a problem.
So, what else is there?
I'm really not sure.

Not saying a C2PLL won't be wonderful.
I'm willing to bet money that it will.
Just wondering if I should dump my orthos while they still have value? ;)

Cross polarization is an issue. Getting that clean is a priority. Same with noise, a dro would actually be preferred but I understand why your going pll. Its cost.

Were always looking for a better mouse trap. A dual output is so nice. If you can provide better performance then a norsat 8115 and chapparell feed horn at a lower price point. It'll sell off the shelves

UDL

Actually, the PLL will cost more to develop and the chipsets are more expensive, but could be less to produce if multiple orders are made. Since there would be less sort and discard (as is used to qualify high performance DRO units) the production cost is similar.

The discard cost is much higher on an LNBF as compared to a LNB as the whole housing needs to be resourced. If manufacturing a proprietary product, non-spec "B" or "C" grade products it cannot be sold to another market and are recycled with destruction certificate and cost is built into the deliverable.

I picked up my 8115s for $80 each plus shipping. My ortho feed was $60 plus shipping. Total cash out of hand for my setup was $250. I did get my 8115s at a good price point from NSCcom. I can pick up a 3220 PLL for about $220 each plus shipping. At these prices an ortho PLL setup (I chose the 3220s for reasonable priced performance) would run upwards of $500.

If SatelliteAV can deliver a dual output C-band only PLL LNBF at a price less than $100 with performance approaching the Norsat 8115/ortho setup, I would definitely be interested.

At a price point of <$50 I am in for at least 2 of them!!!

Yes please! If it improves signal even half as good as the jump from the old Geosatpro "bullet" KU LNBF I had and the new Geosatpro PLL KU LNBF I'd pay $100.

Right now I have a BSC621 and it's not the greatest LNB around. I had been considering a PLL C band LNB but all the current ones are so big and expensive...

I'm sure some posters at Rick's board would be interested too.

Send me a couple!
I thought we would be seeing a PLL LNBF for C-band one of these days :)
Price point less than $50 would be nice.
Still using a "refurbished" C2, it's a great LNBF.
-C.

I voted 36-40. So, while I'm waiting, can I get a C2?
I tried to buy a C2 but only was able to buy a C1. It didn't work out so well... why is C2 so much better than C1?
I'm back to the "el cheapo" dual C-band LNBF
I also have a 6FT dish and need to squeeze every possible drop of signal out of it..LOL!!

We had custom built the C2 then paid a premium to the factory for sorting the final product to be "A" grade only.

The C1 model was purchased as a quality off the shelf design, but with no component upgrades.

The performance difference is the components, PCB design and sorting.

We have no plans to sell the C2 again as the key components for that model are no longer available.There was very little profit with that model thanks to the market flooded with the "el cheapo" products. Distributors duking it out over who can capture the reseller market with the least expensive product is not necessarily good for the end user. We have never played that game and would rather be know for quality products and excellent support than being the cheapest!

Status
Please reply by conversation.