C31 now "public"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually a little smaller than Joey and you can use an HR34 and 3 C31s at the same time for live tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I thought I posted this last night.

I first saw one of these about a year ago I used one about 3 months ago and liked it. It is much like the Joey for the Hopper but not as smart (meaning its can't share tuners). But because it not as smart does not make it bad when you consider the HR-34 has 5 tuners, while the Hopper only has three.

My only question is what took them so long to get this out the door? This should have been out a long time ago. :)

msmith198025 said:
Scott, what do you mean it can not share tuners?

I am thinking that with the Joey you can pick what reciever you want to grab your recordings on and such an maybe you can't do that with this?

First of all, on the wall mount: I have seen a prototype. It looks like the wall mount for H25s but smaller. As for picking a receiver, it gets its tuners from the HR34, it has no tuners of its own. It can also play recordings from HR34. It can't play recordings from HR2x DVRs yet but I know this is really no more than 1 software release away.

But the Joey also picks a tuner from the Hopper and has no tuner of its own.

I was thinking maybe it tied up a tuner full time if connected and the HR-34 does not get it back? Just going off of scotts wording. I may be WAY off base.

If it is watching TV "live" it ties up a tuner. if it is watching a recording from the Hr34 it does not.
And yes, it can't as yet play back a recording on another DVR on the whole-home network.....but soon?

msmith198025 said:
But the Joey also picks a tuner from the Hopper and has no tuner of its own.

I was thinking maybe it tied up a tuner full time if connected and the HR-34 does not get it back? Just going off of scotts wording. I may be WAY off base.

No what I meant is that you can't share a tuner like you can on a Joey, so that two or more can watch the same thing at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And yes, it can't as yet play back a recording on another DVR on the whole-home network.....but soon?
Not going to happen.

The HR2x have no ability to generate and send the requisite bitmap and text overlay information along with the video stream that an RVU client must have to work. I'm betting most of the acreage (and power consumption) in that little box is dedicated to the DECA hardware.

Any Price on this yet? Thank You for help :)
The rumor is about $50 to purchase. There is a $6 monthly fee for every RVU client device (be it a C31 or RVU capable Samsung Smart TV) you might want to use (whether you use it or not doesn't matter).

I'm thinking the pricing model needs to change to encourage people to demand RVU TVs.

I'm thinking the pricing model needs to change to encourage people to demand RVU TVs.

I think the change in the model will be that non-DVR receivers will no longer be "free" for new installs. Get an HR34 for $100, up to 3 C31's are free. If you want an HD tuner receiver with legacy MRV it will be $50-$100 up front if the HR34 is your primary receiver.

This is all pure conjecture.

No what I meant is that you can't share a tuner like you can on a Joey, so that two or more can watch the same thing at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks Scott. That seems like an oversight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Why would anyone want this C31 instead of an H25 which has its own tuner and the same monthly charges?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts