C41W-100 wireless box freezing issue with genie 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark1288

Original poster
Dec 14, 2017
Florida
Hello,

I know the issue with the freezing/pixelation is a known issue that DirecTv is “working” on but just was curious if anyone else has noticed the problem has gotten worse with x1001 firmware. To me it seemed the issue was improving when the new UI downloaded. I wasn’t experiencing the freezing at all. But since x1001 downloaded its been terrible. Case management doesn’t have any information on a time frame for a resolution. They offered to give me an hr-54 system but advised the issue is occurring across all genie platforms. I signed up for DirecTv in August for Sunday Ticket and have been very pleased with the picture and sound quality on my c61k and wired boxes but the one wireless box I had been a real problem. Thanks for any feedback you may have!

Thanks so much! Do you think the proximity of a WiFi router could cause these problems? I would have to schedule a tech call with DTV to move the genie 2 but could move the WiFi router about 10 feet away from the genie 2. I really appreciate your help!

Have you tried a wired connection to the genie? Try that before moving it even if you have to temp run a long lan cable across the floor.

For test it will save you more possible grief

Do you think the proximity of a WiFi router could cause these problems? I would have to schedule a tech call with DTV to move the genie 2

Any WiFi routers should to be at least four feet away from the WVB to eliminate any possible interference.
For clarity, by "Genie2" are you referring to the HS17 (triangle shaped tower) or an HR44 or HR54 (there's a lot of confusion about that nickname).
The HS17 has the WVB built into it and the others do not. The WVB by it's self is a disk shaped object that stand on end.
The WVB can be moved around freely like the "minies" can and do not have to be paired to the Genie (as they often are).
You can take the cable off the single side of the splitter (assuming there is one) and screw that cable directly into the Genie, then use the splitter
in another room that's closer to the wireless client (when there's more than one wireless client it best to centrally locate the WVB equidistant between them all) and by getting the WVB (think of it as a transmitter) closer to the wireless client (a receiver) you'll greatly improve that client's reception.

P.S. You can move the Genie without the need of a tech's visit. It's not all that hard, and if you do have "the tower" (HS17) that's what will be needed to be done in order to close the distance to the wireless client.

P.S. You can move the Genie without the need of a tech's visit. It's not all that hard, and if you do have "the tower" (HS17) that's what will be needed to be done in order to close the distance to the wireless client.

Hi.
Again thanks so much for your help! I do have the HS 17. The reason why I thought I would need a tech is because the wire that’s going into the back of the genie 2. I used to have a wired receiver in my room but had to switch to a wireless receiver because I moved the tv to an area where I could not have a wired box. Could I move the genie 2 to the same room as the wireless box and use the wire that was being used previously for a receiver to connect the genie 2? I did move the WiFi router 4 feet away also. Maybe that would help. Thanks again! It’s hard to get someone on the phone at DTV that’s knowledgeable about the HS-17

Could I move the genie 2 to the same room as the wireless box and use the wire that was being used previously for a receiver to connect the genie 2?

Yes, but only if you have a power inserter at the location where the Genie used to be (and also assuming that the unused cable in the room you're
moving it into is still connected to the splitter) unless you want to rearrange the connections at the splitter.

The HR54 and HS17 have power inserters built into them and their cables occupy the "power passing" port on the splitter which supplies 20 volts to the dish.
If you simply remove them from that port and reconnect them elsewhere the whole system goes down. Your options are to either put a power inserter on the line the HS17 used to use or after plugging it into the new line remove all the lines from the splitter and find the one that has the 20VDC on it, attach that line to the power port (it will be red inside while all the others are tan) then reconnecting all the other lines in no particular order.

Note that if there's any other wireless boxes in use then moving the Genie to this new room will also affect the signal strength for their reception too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts