Cable Box Problems

Drumrnj

Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I recently bought a cable box through E Bay which i came to find out that it was coming from Nevada. I am currently in New York. The box is Pioneer and is supported by Time Warner in both areas. However, my cable company is unable to boost me because the serial number does not match. The box is continuously trying to reboot, but never gets past the Passport screen. Can Anyone Help!
Thank YOu, George :(

None of the big companies sell their boxes, if your buying one off someone then its stolen.

Just out of curiosity why would you buy a box when the cable companies supply them to you?

I just wanted to set up an additional television without paying an additional monthly charge for another television. I do have cable in the room. I just need a box. I have checked with the cable company and they were unable to boost the box because it is an incompatable serial number. Thanks for your help.

To be fair, you should be able to buy a TiVo that uses CableCards, and rent a CableCard for it - that will cut your bill down to $1-2 a month for that specific TV, at least.

Then why are these people selling these boxes. Are they completely useless?

These are stolen boxes. People left took them with them. If you are paying for cable... Pay the 5or6 bucks to lease the box:rolleyes:

To be fair, you should be able to buy a TiVo that uses CableCards, and rent a CableCard for it - that will cut your bill down to $1-2 a month for that specific TV, at least.

True, or some TV's have cable card slots.

You still have to pay a monthly fee anyway.

My answer to why people are selling it? Because they make money.

With the Tivo Cable Card Box you have to pay for either a monthly or yearly subscribtion to tivo plus pay the cable company for rental of the cards. Just rent the box through the cable company. Thiers no way around it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts