Cable Card

Ringleader 1946

Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
MANDEVILLE LA
I just bought a Sony 40" Bravia which is cable card READY,till Charter comes to install the card. After 3 hours a try 2 other cardsthey tells me there card is not able to work in my set. Now I have a box that I did not want. Has anybody else had this problem?

3 words, I hate Charter.

There crap is not reliable, bet you have a good TV, but Charters equip., cable cards, modems are just trash.

Had the same problem here with a totally different TV. It's there crap! And its not worth it for 9 channels of HD and 30 digital channels with no good programming on it.

Had Charter when I lived in Duluth, MN...worst company to have

In my area, they took the locals (3,6,8,10,21) and put them at 4,5,12,13,11. They then proceeded to put other chanenls on 3,8,10 (they didnt deal with 6)...so if I wanted 3 or 8 (10 was QVC) I got 2 pictures...the picture from the cable channel and bleedover form the OTA channel. Charter said "well, it isnt our fault you live close to the towers" (as does about 50% of Duluth)

Yeah, cable cards are a good idea. Cable companies are the bad part of the good idea. :)

They lack any interest in resolving any issues you have with cable cards. If you're cable is bad into your house, the card will be blamed. If a cable gets cut in your neighborhood, the card will be blamed. If there is an actual issue with the card, they'll blame the tv since it'll be hard for you to prove otherwise.

This is why I'm not with cable anymore. :)

Charter came and put a cable card in my Pioneer 5050 plasma and it's worked since installation. At times, it seems like it loses it's "memory", as I have to do a channel up and down to get it to seek the HD channels after the unit's been off for a long time.

Other than the fact that you don't get the on screen guide or On Demand, it works pretty good. Maybe I just lucked out.

Had Charter when I lived in Duluth, MN...worst company to have

In my area, they took the locals (3,6,8,10,21) and put them at 4,5,12,13,11. They then proceeded to put other chanenls on 3,8,10 (they didnt deal with 6)...so if I wanted 3 or 8 (10 was QVC) I got 2 pictures...the picture from the cable channel and bleedover form the OTA channel. Charter said "well, it isnt our fault you live close to the towers" (as does about 50% of Duluth)

Cable is a closed system, so if you are getting bleed over it means there is a problem.. Damaged cable is likely the cause or poor connectors. Also your TV could be bad as its internal shielding could be toast. and even if the locals were on at the same channel as the OTA was, youd see depending on signal strentgh and the timing of the signal either a forward leading "ghost" or a trailing "ghost" and thats as annoying as 2 seperate channels.. If charter came out to your home and didnt attempt to fix anything then shame on them. Thats their job to fix... (well I know BHN takes that into account as if signal is leaking onto the cable then that means signal is leaking out.. and if a cable system has to much signal leaking out the FCC could very well shut them down so we take that very serious) also egress, could cause problems with digital pixeling and internet problems depending on what kinda sub signals it creates...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)