cable length

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jonsan427

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I went to Vermont during hunting season Tried to set up direct tv to camp. Distance traveled from dish to receiver was approx 525 feet. Used three in line amps. My signal strength at the end was the same as it was at the dish. On odd transponders I had 94% as shown on the tv but nothing on even transponders. Any suggestions why

Sounds like one of your connections may be shorting the line out. This is a common problem when you get either odd or even transponders only. You may want to try another lnb and receiver just to make sure.

Even transponders use 18 volts while odd transponders use 13 volts. When the distance in the line is too far I find that the even transponders will go out because the receiver cannot switch the lnbf to the other polarity.

Stargazer said:
Even transponders use 18 volts while odd transponders use 13 volts. When the distance in the line is too far I find that the even transponders will go out because the receiver cannot switch the lnbf to the other polarity.
Same here I have a run that is about 250 ft with no amp. Not very often but on occassion I will have the even tranponders go out and I will have to go out and fiddle with the conectors.

I've seen this quite a few times myself. In this situation theres really nothing you can do but move the dish closer. I know if you have a line of about +200 feet you better make sure that the coax that you are using is solid copper center conductor. Copper clad coax loses to much voltage on long runs. Its usually a voltage problem instead of to much of a signal lose in these cases.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)