Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
How are you routing the cables from the LNB(s) back down to your pole?

I have a single RG6 connected right now for test / dish pointing purposes and I just zip-tied the cable down one of the feed supports. This is where it gets interesting..... where do you go from there?

There isn't really anything on the back side of the dish to tie to. I was thinking of using some wire loom clamps with some self tapping tec screws into the frame of the BUD. Is there any reason not to do this?

Loop clamp:

2804_2814_tab.jpg

The alternative would be to pass wire ties through the mesh and tie up the cables that way. I want it to look good :cool:

I'm open to suggestions. I don't want to leave the wires hanging. I have young kids :eek: .

Shawn95GT said:
How are you routing the cables from the LNB(s) back down to your pole?

I have a single RG6 connected right now for test / dish pointing purposes and I just zip-tied the cable down one of the feed supports. This is where it gets interesting..... where do you go from there?

There isn't really anything on the back side of the dish to tie to. I was thinking of using some wire loom clamps with some self tapping tec screws into the frame of the BUD. Is there any reason not to do this?

Loop clamp:

2804_2814_tab.jpg

The alternative would be to pass wire ties through the mesh and tie up the cables that way. I want it to look good :cool:

I'm open to suggestions. I don't want to leave the wires hanging. I have young kids :eek: .
shawn, make sure you have enough cable loose so the cable doesnt get taunt as you move the dish.

drhydro said:
shawn, make sure you have enough cable loose so the cable doesnt get taunt as you move the dish.
I wanted to have the cable clean and tight to the dish and then have a loop around the outside of the pole with enough slack for the dish to move H to H. I've already found that it is easy to pull the wires off the motor while testing. I'll definately be putting the built-in strain relief to work!

Shawn

My cable runs inside the bottom feed mount tube up to the lnb. The cable is then zip tied way up the post next to the mount. I left enough slack so that i dont pull the cable tight when move the dish. When the dish is at the westernmost sats the cable sags down quite a bit, but i have to have it that way or it gets pulled tight when i go all the way to the east.

Where teh cables are strapped to the pole, I use a piece of gray pvc conduit. Using a table saw with a carbide blade, I slice out a longitudinal section the width of an rg6 coaxial cable. Then I sand it smooth. The sliced out notce lets yo get it around the cable and serves as a channel that fits on the curvature of the pole. Then, using long wire ties, I just strap it to the pole. I use black spiral polyethelene spiral wrap around the loops that go to the feeds for strain relief and protection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)