Cable offer...call direct for match??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

I just got a call from my cable company (RCN), since I only have cable modem and dumped their tv for direct, they are offering me 60 bucks a month for all the TV that they offer for a year, plus no rental on two digital boxes. Now, is it worth to call Direct and see what they will do?

I wouldn't consider that offer even if D* didn't match it if it meant putting up with crappy analog on many of the most popular channels. If you are in one of the few markets that are lucky enough to have a cable franchise that offers all channels in digital, then that might be a different story.

I don't think that D* will match it. Why should they when their product is so superior?

theslag said:
Hi all..

I just got a call from my cable company (RCN), since I only have cable modem and dumped their tv for direct, they are offering me 60 bucks a month for all the TV that they offer for a year, plus no rental on two digital boxes. Now, is it worth to call Direct and see what they will do?

And once that year is over, you'll be at their mercy. Good luck.

D* Customer Retention will undoubtedly give you some credits if you call them (or free services you didn't want in the first place), but usually don't have this much leeway.

I'd call them anyways.

If you don't care about quality and only about saving a few bucks go for it. As someone else pointed out in a year you'll be at the their mercy and you'll be paying the outrageous prices again. You switched before for a reason. Remember? I've been with DirecTV for five years and I still get these offers from my old cable company. I'd never go back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)