Cable providers must now pro-rate bills when Mainers disconnect

It was more of a rhetorical question.

As long as your service isn't terminated until the end of your billing cycle, I fail to see the big deal. Netflix and many other streaming services don't prorate, Sirius XM doesn't prorate. Satellite and cable companies shouldn't have to either, so long as service is still being provided. And if the law does not apply to AT&Ts DirecTV service, who enacted the no prorate policy before Charter did, then that is total BS.

Reactions: glen4cindy
they need to get rid of spectrum to as spectrum sucks and they price gouge there customers

And as I do whenever this topic comes up, tell me which one of my bills is more expensive, for essentially the same level of service? Don't forget to add the $13.50 broadcast fee for Charter, and still there's no debate to who's cheaper. That would be Spectrum by $35 (intentionally negating $3 on the DirecTV bill for WH DVR, since Spectrum does not offer that)

Attachments

• Charter.jpg
    Charter.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 313
  • DirecTV.jpg
    DirecTV.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 328
And as I do whenever this topic comes up, tell me which one of my bills is more expensive, for essentially the same level of service? Don't forget to add the $13.50 broadcast fee for Charter, and still there's no debate to who's cheaper. That would be Spectrum by $35 (intentionally negating $3 on the DirecTV bill for WH DVR, since Spectrum does not offer that)
i was paying spectrum 210.00 for one HD box and a DVR box gold package with cinemax and epix with there internet ultra no home phone. i am paying DTV 167.00 a month for there premere pack with epix and 50.00 a month for verizon whole home 5G broadband just a few dollars more but i am getting more. i know if i kept spectrums internet it would have been 95.00 a month...

i don't know if that law applies to satellite!!! remember they both have contracts i am sure they will hit you with that maybe prorate the month

It was more of a rhetorical question.

As long as your service isn't terminated until the end of your billing cycle, I fail to see the big deal. Netflix and many other streaming services don't prorate, Sirius XM doesn't prorate. Satellite and cable companies shouldn't have to either, so long as service is still being provided. And if the law does not apply to AT&Ts DirecTV service, who enacted the no prorate policy before Charter did, then that is total BS.
i have always gotten sxm to prorate my bill. i agree the no prorate is complete BS and a money grab as well... sling t.v. has a very strict no refund policy even if the service don't work then there's no refunds and good luck at getting any credits applied to your acct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)