Cable wiring for Direct Hook-Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jaybird28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Seattle
I understand that Direct TV will use my existing Comcast cable to wire my house. I have one room that Comcast was unable to wire so I have to run a split off of another bedroom to have cable there. Obviously this cable running thru my hallway sucks. Will Direct be able to improve this situation because this particular room I want a DVR in. Thanks

Unlikely they will be able to improve on the situation. In fact directv cannot be ran through a traditional cable splitter. The installer is going to have to bring a new line in either directly from the dish or from the multiswitch. The only possibility of eliminating the line running through your house is running a line along the outside and drilling in directly into the room you are trying to get installed.

Yes they will run a new cable and they will not run it down the hallway unless that is what you want(which you don't).

This is why I love E* dual-tuners with the diplexing. If I run into a similar situation (not this one...hate the idea of coax running down the hallway), it's just a simple matter of replacing the splitter with a diplexer.

Allows the use of one cable to transmit satellite and cable/OTA frequencies. Not going to help much in this situation.

This may be a situation where stackers could be used.

You might consider hiring an electrical contractor who will cut the drywall and put the coax where needed and then repair the holes. The average satellite tech has no interest in cutting up your walls. You might even find a local retailer who will cut the holes and run the cables, but you will probably have to hire your own drywall guy to repair the holes afterward.

It's never impossible to get a cable to a location in the home, it is only a matter of economics. Some people aren't willing to pay several hundred dollars to have electrical and drywall contractors come out and hide a cable. Other times, its been done in under a few days and the owner never blinked when pricing was brought up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)