Cablevision board meeting today???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lilyarbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
Wasn't it announced that Cablevision was supposed to have an important board meeting today? Has anybody heard anything about this meeting and if it has something to do in relation to the shutdown of Voom?

They have board meetings all the time, nothing new or surprising about that. The decision to shutdown Voom is done. If there's another board meeting to discuss Voom or Rainbow for that matter, it will be to hash out the terms for broadcasting the Cinema 10's on other providers.

So who makes the announcement regarding returns??

Who is in charge of making announcements regarding the return of equipment? Management of Voom?

B.Greenway said:
They have board meetings all the time, nothing new or surprising about that. The decision to shutdown Voom is done. If there's another board meeting to discuss Voom or Rainbow for that matter, it will be to hash out the terms for broadcasting the Cinema 10's on other providers.

Isnt this the board meeting where Dolan wants to reduce the boards' numbers? This is far from the run of the mill meeting.

My point was to the "if it has something to do in relation to the shutdown of Voom?"

But your right, I forgot about the board member reduction, after April 8th I pretty much stopped caring about anything CV related :p

It most importantly has to do with restructuring the CVI board by reducing the size, giving C. Dolan and class B stockholders (family/friends) more clout and ridding the board of the remaining three board members who voted to shut down Voom the first time.

Actions taken today seem to move CVI to be about as close to being virtually a privately held company as one can get without buying back all the shares.

I think the strategy is to quickly consolidate the holdings, build value and then look for the sale of CVI and its parts. In what ever way produces the most profit. Then C. Dolan and friends will be off to run a new venture, with many lessons learned.

Just wonder if they'll stick with Motorola stbs?
:) :)

vurbano said:
Isnt this the board meeting where Dolan wants to reduce the boards' numbers? This is far from the run of the mill meeting.
I heard it was about E*.

Well they could be talking about why their shares prices are going down the tube, if it makes you 'Voomers' feel a little better, every Analyst said the shares would really jump up when the decision on Voom was made, and now it is the opposite, it was actually higher when all the drama was going on.

int-basic.chart

bruce said:
Well they could be talking about why their shares prices are going down the tube, if it makes you 'Voomers' feel a little better, every Analyst said the shares would really jump up when the decision on Voom was made, and now it is the opposite, it was actually higher when all the drama was going on.

int-basic.chart

Dont tell me, tell the business plan bashers at AVS.

Well once the MSG mess and Adelphia mess is over the stock will be back up. The stock is down also due to the big write-offs that are coming for VOOM this quarter.

There are expected to be massive charges and no-one is sure how big the write-offs are going to be.

Ok the stock is down because of the writeoffs. Just imagine, if VOOM was "let loose" to be controlled privately by the Dolan family, would look like now.

The hope was that C. Dolan would sell off CVC and use the proceeds to fund VOOM. That doesn't look like it's going to happen, thus the fall in value since 4/8/2005.

rtt2 said:
Well once the MSG mess and Adelphia mess is over the stock will be back up. The stock is down also due to the big write-offs that are coming for VOOM this quarter.

There are expected to be massive charges and no-one is sure how big the write-offs are going to be.

Those messes is why I think it will get worse, their Sports stations ( MSG and FSN NY) are getting worse with no Hockey on FSN NY and just the Knicks on MSG, new arena being built for the Nets, and that will complete with MSG for concerts and the other things MSG has ( WWF, Circus, etc) , their sports teams suck and spending mega bucks on them, can't develop new ideas- Voom-held 61.5 slot since 1996 and look how that turned out, MVDDS spectrum-spent big bucks for it at the FCC auction, nothing going on with it, they need some new ideas or sell it ( Cablevision).

If there is any news at the board meetings, it seems that it comes out in the early evening via press release. That is if there is any news worth issueing a press release over.

Truggy said:
Thanks gutter, I'm still looking for that glimmer of hope.........

So am I. I am hoping that they will annouce an agreement with E* or D* to carry the VOOM channels and a date. I am not subscribing to anything until I know more. I might even go Canadian since I don't get any of my locals in HD.

That's what I was hoping for Stoneman, but since it's 6:30 PM Pacific, I guess that may not have happened...Bummer!!! At least that might make me feel a little better (of course the stock price thing helped a bit too, Bruce!)...Vicki :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts