Cablevision Board To Debate Voom Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone of thought of them selling the cable company, taking the money they get an put it in to voom. Charles seems to care more about voom the cablevision right now, and James who was going to take over Cablevision is mainly concerned about the enternainment properties msg, radio city and the sports teams. If someone aka time warner comes up with the right price, this wouldnt surprise me.

bare minimum they should wait until the new capacity goes online and get the dvr and then wait a quarter and see what the sub numbers are like..... I expect they have increased quite a bit with the current $1 installed deal.

vurbano said:
I thought the old man sold a lot of his shares in cablevision?

Your right he did, about a couple a months before the spin off was supposed to happen.

vurbano said:
and he still controls 41%?????????

Maybe not, when rang1995 posted that info it said from April 04, things might have changed, or he could still have voting rights, or he might still have enough shares to hold off his son.

with this becoming a "family fight" anything can happen, a Fight, or kiss and make up and one side gives in or they delay,but right now it seems to be out of consumers hands (as if it ever was) sales,dvr's etc dosn't matter--scarey

Boardroom minutes...

Junior: Oh, Father...I feel it prudent that we explore the possibility of selling Rainbow DBS assets.

Senior: Son...I feel we should explore the possibility of you being fired and disinherited on the same day.

Junior: Go VOOM! :D

There is no HD content as good as VOOM today, and it would be hard for me to believe that they would just shut it down. There is value in HD right now. Dish and Direct are each scrambling to get it, and upgrade to mpeg4, VOOM is already there

VOOM won't be shut down. Either dish or direct will buy it. It would fit dish perfectly because they already have 61.5 SD, and VOOM has HD content along with the hardware

hancox said:
You might want to read up on the difference between press releases and reality.

The difference between a Wall Street Journal story (which this was) and reality is usually not very significant.

riffjim4069 said:
Junior: Oh, Father...I feel it prudent that we explore the possibility of selling Rainbow DBS assets.

Senior: Son...I feel we should explore the possibility of you being fired and disinherited on the same day.

lol :D I always felt that if the time ever came were james got control of the company it would be bad news for the cable portion. James just is not a good business man, look what he has done with the knicks and rangers.

Scott Greczkowski said:
VOOM is not going anywhere, lots of things going on behind the scenes which havent even been mantioned here. :D

riffjim4069 said:

These posts say it all.

Has anyone given any thought to this? What if Cablevision buys out Dish or Direct?

riffjim4069 said:
Scott, you're holding out on us. Give us the insider scoop! :yes
My thoughts exactly. Scott sounds too confident with that statement. I sure hope Scott knows something and I hope he is right!!!

It is a bit depressing that the young Dolan (the future) would be down on the vision of the old Dolan (the past) despite the enormous successes of the old Dolan. But not everybody can be a visionary. Some people are better off running a boring run-of-the-mill retail business.

Someone else in this thread said it: Voom is never boring!!

riffjim4069 said:
Scott, you're holding out on us. Give us the insider scoop! :yes
Let's stay tune. At the appropiated time, whatever it is we will know it first here at SatGuys from Scott (days before the Wall Street Jornal).

1080iBeVuMin said:
My thoughts exactly. Scott sounds too confident with that statement. I sure hope Scott knows something and I hope he is right!!!

It is a bit depressing that the young Dolan (the future) would be down on the vision of the old Dolan (the past) despite the enormous successes of the old Dolan. But not everybody can be a visionary. Some people are better off running a boring run-of-the-mill retail business.

Someone else in this thread said it: Voom is never boring!!
Maybe it's a clever ploy in which the younger Dolan pretends to challenge his fathers authority only to be beaten down in front of others. Needless to say, the others will fall in line and keep their mouths shut.

Even if today the CVC board voted to end VOOM it would not be turned off tomorrow. They want to maximize the value of the assets. They would more likely vote to sell VOOM and put it openly up on the market. This is provided of course that there is not another proposal already on the table waiting to be voted on (like for example a sale to Echostar).

It would take many months for the assets to change hands even if today they were to announce that VOOM had been sold to Echostar. They would have to wait for all the customary SEC, FTC, FCC, etc. This could take 6 months or more. Until the sale was complete I would bet the service would continue on exactly as it has been.

Today's board debate is probably more along the lines of what it would take to make VOOM viable (from an CVC investment standpoint) verses selling the service/assets. Sr. probably has a business plan showing that VOOM can make it without being too big a drain on CVC, Jr. probably has a plan showing how the $$ raised from the sale of the assets could make more money being spent in a different way. They may even have a preliminary offer on the table that they might be considering as a starting point if they go ahead with a sale.

Any way the vote goes I bet VOOM is on as it is for at least 6 more months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)