Cablevision ever getting any new HD Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i would like to know too. I cant believe that they still do not offer discovery hd, isnt this one for the first cable channels to go hd? And the voom channels i thought for sure would be on cvc as soon as the said they were closing shop as a service provider and becoming a content provider. and we all know what happened there :rolleyes:

You can listen to their conference call from their earnings report. They are working on offering voom (no timetable) and said they wil have more HD this year for sure.

mboy said:
You can listen to their conference call from their earnings report. They are working on offering voom (no timetable) and said they wil have more HD this year for sure.

i dont understand what they would have to work on. they own the channels they own the cable system. shouldnt be that much to work on IMHO, but i have never dealt with programming acquistitions so who knows

hbk409 said:
i dont understand what they would have to work on. they own the channels they own the cable system. shouldnt be that much to work on IMHO, but i have never dealt with programming acquistitions so who knows

They need the space(bandwidth)

rang1995 said:
They need the space(bandwidth)

I have not seen anything anywhere saying they have bandwidth issues for Television. Can you point me somewhere that states this?

Thanks.

mboy said:
I have not seen anything anywhere saying they have bandwidth issues for Television. Can you point me somewhere that states this?

Thanks.
Just hearing from differnt people they have to free up space each HD channel takes up the room of 3 SD--it's not unlimited as was VOOM-DISH-Directv-needed more transponders--for more cable space they either have to rewire-re AMP- costly or free up space by putting more analog to digital or new technology used for better (we hope) compression

it depends on who at cvc you talk to sean originally said that wilt(from voom) told him that cablevision did not have a bandwidth problem and could handle the additional channels, then other people say they cant, who to trust. Also some areas, bronx,brooklyn and parts of new jersey all get international channels wich is if you had them all up is like an additional 45-50 channels. so in areas where they dont have the international channels why cant they add the hd??

hbk409 said:
it depends on who at cvc you talk to sean originally said that wilt(from voom) told him that cablevision did not have a bandwidth problem and could handle the additional channels, then other people say they cant, who to trust. Also some areas, bronx,brooklyn and parts of new jersey all get international channels wich is if you had them all up is like an additional 45-50 channels. so in areas where they dont have the international channels why cant they add the hd??

Because for what i understand those areas were the last to be fibered and got the larger amount because there was a plan for the international channels(ask why are they only in certain areas??)to be competitive with DISH the earlier more established areas are tighter and i dont think have the room without one of the steps that can or may be taken

the problem is the people that i have spoke to have told us that the international channels have not been getting that much postive response and they would have done better if they started them off in other areas such has having the indian channels on long island where there is a bigger indian population then in brooklyn/bronx

well if i was running the company i would put on more HDTV and pay services and ditch the international stuff--no $$$ there more as a must carry-public service

areas, Bronx, Brooklyn and parts of New Jersey were rebuilt later and are 870Mhz and can handle more bandwith. Other areas like CT parts of Long Island etc were rebuilt before and are 750 and 625

So those ares can have more channels.

rtt2 said:
areas, Bronx, Brooklyn and parts of New Jersey were rebuilt later and are 870Mhz and can handle more bandwith. Other areas like CT parts of Long Island etc were rebuilt before and are 750 and 625

So those ares can have more channels.

well according to one of the people that i spoke to it wasn't a matter of bandwidth but the reason why the other channels(international at this time) aren't throughout the entire footprint was due to the lack of response they have received from were they are avail.

Believe me its bandwith, its always bandwith and they are always limited by the bandwith of the coax. Those international channels are on the 870 systems.

CV has been working furiously to free up bandwith by converting analog to digital and slowly push subs to digital boxes but there are many analog boxes and holdouts still out there.

rtt2 said:
Believe me its bandwith, its always bandwith and they are always limited by the bandwith of the coax. Those international channels are on the 870 systems.

CV has been working furiously to free up bandwith by converting analog to digital and slowly push subs to digital boxes but there are many analog boxes and holdouts still out there.
Exactly what i was saying,and those areas were the last to be added,so it's like Japan after the war the last (rebuilt)was first..the more affluent areas Long island,CT and northeastern NJ were first but have the oldest system,because the were re done first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts