Cablevision goes HD crazy!

I guess we will be getting the SD channels that we don't have too, Crime and Investigation and Starz Comedy. Does anyone know where they are going to place these.

I love when the Yankees or Mets are scheduled for ESPN/2 and ESPN sends us the News Feed instead. I think I would have that channel on 24/7 if I had the chance.

Just a few.

Fox Business, ABC Family, Slueth HD, Cartoon Network, RFD HD, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Chiller HD, BET J, Disney, Disney XD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Smithsonian, Sundance, TV One, Wealth TV, WGN America

does sundance already have an hd channel?? Being that it is owned by rainbow media which is owned by cablevision i would think they would have it if it was already available.

in CT do we know if these are all SDV like E! and G4; or is the SDV being used only on HBO like channels?

also how id PQ? I noticed last week PQ started going down a bit. And SDV channels were looking worse then the non SDV it seemed on my Tivo? I only have one tuning adapter as I really hate having an external box in the bedroom makes too much clutter and wires.

The Real World is the only thing on MTV that's in HD, I believe. And I think E! does the red carpet shows in HD. That's like .1% of their programming combined in HD.

well I'd much rather have an upconverted SD channel on an HD channel any day of the week. Well I would rather it be all HD BUT hey... I know watching Jon Stewart in "HD" is much cleaner then the digital SD channel!

well I'd much rather have an upconverted SD channel on an HD channel any day of the week. Well I would rather it be all HD BUT hey... I know watching Jon Stewart in "HD" is much cleaner then the digital SD channel!

not if it's streeeetched, which most of these new channel are doing :mad:

Consumers: WE WANT MORE HD CHANNELS!!

Cablevision: We've given you many of the HD channels that carry a decent portion of there programming in HD, including Voom which was all HD (Unfortunately, those channels tanked cause none of you watched them, sorry).

Consumers: WE WANT MORE HD CHANNELS!!!

Cablevision: Most of the channels we don't carry are new and have a fraction of their programming in HD

Consumers: WE WANT MORE HD CHANNELS!!!!!!!

Cablevision: OK...here's a bunch more, happy now?

Consumers: Yay!, Hey, wait a minute. There's no 'HD' on these HD channels and the pictures all stretched. WHAT GIVES????

Cablevision: *sigh*

Cablevision: We've given you many of the HD channels that carry a decent portion of there programming in HD, including Voom which was all HD (Unfortunately, those channels tanked cause none of you watched them, sorry).

Cablevision: Most of the channels we don't carry are new and have a fraction of their programming in HD

Consumers: Yay!, Hey, wait a minute. There's no 'HD' on these HD channels and the pictures all stretched. WHAT GIVES????

Look at you rewriting history. Voom failed because no other providers wanted it and Cablevision could not keep losing millions carrying it alone!

There is no excuse for streeeeeeeeetching any channel!

According to a press release by CV, the 30 new HD stations are just the beginning and the lineup will be expanded over the next few months. Here's the report from Bloomberg News:

Cablevision to Introduce More Than 100 HD Channels (Update2)
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Kelly Riddell

April 20 (Bloomberg) -- Cablevision Systems Corp., the New York-area cable-television provider, plans to offer more than 100 high-definition channels by June to win clients from phone and satellite-TV providers while increasing customer loyalty.

Cablevision will start with 30 HD channels in New York this week and will expand that over the next few months, spokesman Jim Maiella said in an e-mail. The HD channels will be available to the company’s “iO interactive optimum digital” subscribers for no additional fee and with no need for extra equipment.

Free high-definition service has become “a key point of differentiation over our competitors,” said John Trierweiler, Cablevision’s senior vice president of product management, in a statement released today by the Bethpage, New York-based company. Half of all Cablevision’s digital-cable customers get their high-definition service, the company said.

The company is competing with Verizon Communications Inc.’s FiOS service and satellite provider DirecTV Group Inc. to win and keep subscribers who purchase more HD and pay-per-view channels. These customers boost the companies’ average sales per household, ultimately increasing total revenue without having to add new subscribers. In addition, these customers tend to be more loyal and less likely to switch to competitor offerings.

Cablevision fell $1.59, or 9.1 percent, to $15.93 at 4 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The stock has declined 5.4 percent this year.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kelly Riddell in Washington at Kriddell1@Bloomberg.net

Last Updated: April 20, 2009 16:09 EDT

Expand, as in going to other Cablevision systems, not just the Bronx & Brooklyn. Those 2 areas are the only ones getting all 30 HD channels at the moment. The rest will get them in June, as Cablevision expands the carrying of the channels throughout its systems.

Look at you rewriting history. Voom failed because no other providers wanted it and Cablevision could not keep losing millions carrying it alone!

There is no excuse for streeeeeeeeetching any channel!

voom is still available internationally and they are still producing new shows for it. I wish they would at least give us the the voomhd and rush channels which they market internationally still

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)