Cablevision Human Resources Meeting with HD News Employees on April 22 at 4:30

tuker

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Any details with regard to this meeting. Most likely a layoff. Will we know soon.

Are you going to this meeting? I think most of us webinites have no clue about it...

I am not going to this meeting. Family member is though. I will post the results once I here from him.

Hey,tuker, hope your family member still has or will...

tuker said:
I am not going to this meeting. Family member is though. I will post the results once I here from him.

get a job soon. Really appreciated all the effort put out by VOOM employees!

We're still enjoying HDTV via VOOM under dark but clear Seattle skies, Gill

bryan27 said:
I'm going to say Tucer was a Troll unless he/she indicates otherwise. I really think someone was just leading us on.
Maybe tucker only has net access at work during the week. I see he/she only has two post, so tucker is new. I would go for the Troll too. Lets give tucker until say 9:01am monday. One min after arriving at work should be enough..lol

The meeting was with the folks that produce the Voom 21 Content. Basically they were told that cablevision is having problems getting carriage of the Voom 21 channels on a certain other provider (...) and that if nothing gets accomplished by next friday the result will be that most if not all voom21 employees will have to be laid off next friday :(

BFG said:
The meeting was with the folks that produce the Voom 21 Content. Basically they were told that cablevision is having problems getting carriage of the Voom 21 channels on a certain other provider (...) and that if nothing gets accomplished by next friday the result will be that most if not all voom21 employees will have to be laid off next friday :(

Are they still pushing it as 21 channels, if they are, they are nuts, no one has that much room right now, and if they did, things like Universal, TNT and ESPN2 will be on before any of the Voom 21.

I wonder what they are asking $ per sub.

I also believe they should just push it as one channel at a time, I would elect Monsters HD based on the success of the Sci-Fi Channel ( heck they could split that channel into two different ones, one Sci Fi Series-old and new TV Shows and Sci Fi Movies ).

BFG said:

Thanks for not leaving us hanging. Sorry to hear the news though. It just seems to get worse

-scott

BFG said:

Unbelievable. What a waste.

Where was that meeting held? Do you know who attended it? Did they get any information on what type of compensation they would get it their division closes down?

Yes - actually in terms of market aspects it would make much more sense to cut Voom21 to half, say 10-12 channels: you can easily merge Vice, GuyTV, Majestic, even Ginslinger into another one, Ultra and Gallery and perhaps Acution and another one, HaHa and Animania and FamilyRoom into another one, insert Rush into WorldSports, keep WorldCinema, Filmfest, KungFu, Divine, Monsters, Equator, Rave and Rush alone.
They could try to keep HDNews as standalone channel but probably doesn't have a strong chance against national or local feeds - although I like it and prefer it over locals or others. LAB will die, that's sure.

Lab can go

:rolleyes:
T2k said:
LAB will die, that's sure.
Never got that channel knowing value of bandwith and all. Just what kind of drug (joking) do you need to watch that channel. Beer just never worked for me like with rave.

-Scott

Lab would always put my 2-year old granddaughter to slip within 5 minutes of her sitting on my lap and watching it. It is excellent therapy for a lot of things--it's hypnotic visual effects can reduce pain, put crying babies to sleep, etc, etc. In itself, it could have been marketed in Nursing Homes, Day Care centers, etc--oh.......the possibilities were endless for that channel, but the possibilities will end next week.

bookwalk said:
Lab would always put my 2-year old granddaughter to slip within 5 minutes of her sitting on my lap and watching it. It is excellent therapy for a lot of things--it's hypnotic visual effects can reduce pain, put crying babies to sleep, etc, etc. In itself, it could have been marketed in Nursing Homes, Day Care centers, etc--oh.......the possibilities were endless for that channel, but the possibilities will end next week.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOk then. I guess that answers that.

-scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts