Cablevision running through 522 question?

cpa4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Had the 522 installed last night. I have Charter cable running into the 522 through the OTA/Cable input. I can watch either Dish or Charter on TV1 with no problem. My question is whether I should be able to watch Charter on TV2 also. If so, I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

it is true that TV2 doesnt pass the input. however a cheap splitter.combiner on TV2 will work. since TV2 has a high range output set it above your cable channels and combine the cable feed with it at TV2 ad you should in theory have all your cable channels and your tv2 output

Could you please give me a little more detail on the splitter/combiner that I would need to purchase.

Thanks!!

Shadow,

Thanks for link. I'll run by R.S. and pick one up.

Also, I found out today that the installer did NOT ground either the dish or the coax cables with ground blocks. He finished up after dark last night and it was slightly raining. So, I did not go out and look at the wiring very closing outside. The picture was good, so I thought everything was ok. Well, today I go out and look closer at it. The wires come off the LNB, down the wall and into the house. There are no ground wires for the dish and no ground blocks anywhere on the coax cables. I'm going to be calling the company tomorrow to complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)