[CABLEVISION] Unbelievably bad installation experience!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brianmcgann

Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
This is really just meant as an opportunity for me to vent about an experience I had this weekend with an installation with Cablevision. I'm a new customer and scheduled an install of a hi-def DVR box as well as Optimum Online. I won't go into details about the lateness of the installer, other than to say he was, um, late...But I can accept that. What was shocking to me was he was completely and totally clueless. Honestly, it almost seemed as if they brought this guy in off the street. He actually asked me at one point if I knew anything about installing the box, because he "wasn't real familiar with it". Are you kidding me?! This was about an hour into his visit. Eventually I saw that he wasn't getting a picture because the tv wasn't set to the right source. As soon as I switched it over it came right on. He looked at me as if I was a magician. All in all, he was in my house for over 2 hours, trying to get everything hooked up. I had Comcast come to my previous home about 6 months prior and hooked up basically the same service in less than 10 minutes. To add insult to injury, the installer was chatting on his Nextel phone with a girl for much of the time he was there. I'd have to rank this as one of the worst customer service experiences of my life...Thanks for letting me vent, I feel much better!

Did he show up in a Cablevision van or was he a contractor hired by Cablevision? The contractors are usually the ones that will leave you with the above, from my experience with Cablevision.

Contractors are the worst .

Luckily i had a real cable vision person

but when i got dish installed, they sent two kids up from NYC in an old ass van and I swear I felt so bad for them.

They were 6 hours later, and didn't leave till 9pm on a FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

But whatever. I guess :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)