cabling Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question about cabling. i currently have dish network now in room but we are doing some remodeling and i just need to move by current set up to another room that is about 50 feet away and i just wondering what type of cabling will i need to run it inside b/c i dont want to pay dish network $99 to come out and re do it for me! i probable will only need like 50 feet ! so what type will i need and about how much does it cost

any help is appreciated

i have a question about cabling. i currently have dish network now in room but we are doing some remodeling and i just need to move by current set up to another room that is about 50 feet away and i just wondering what type of cabling will i need to run it inside b/c i dont want to pay dish network $99 to come out and re do it for me! i probable will only need like 50 feet ! so what type will i need and about how much does it cost

any help is appreciated
From the question asked I would question how capable you are of doing what you need. Sounds like you are going to pay someone. I suggest calling DISH and question the cost if you sign up for DHPP, $29.99 would be my guess.

Buy you at least one high frequency barrel connector (light blue center not white) and 50 ft of 2300mhz swept RG-6 from Wal-mart, Radio Shack, wherever and hook'er up.

Be aware that if you have weak signals on certain TP's they will be slightly lower with the longer run and the connector.

If you can re-route the cable from your switch or dish more directly to the new room, that is better.

I had a run the installer used that ran from the back of the house to the front side then inside and over to my living room. A total of probably 80 ft. I ran the line directly from the dish at back to the center of the house (30 ft) and upped my 129 signal by 5-7 dB. Fewer dropouts now.

thanks, i really appreciate the help! i think that i will just go to radio shack and get the cable you mentioned and the connector and and run it! i dont think by signal is an issue! i looked on the point dish and it says that i have a 83 on the 110 and about 81 on the 119 and about 65-73 on the 129,, so running and using the barrell connector shouldn't be bad right? are those good readings for the satellite signals for the ones i mentioned or are they bad

What receiver and how is it hooked up? If it's a dual tuner off of a DP34, you'll need two cables. Also, if it's a dual tuner and backfeed is through a separate cable, you'll either need to run two coaxs or get a pair of diplexers.

Buy you at least one high frequency barrel connector (light blue center not white) and 50 ft of 2300mhz swept RG-6 from Wal-mart, Radio Shack, wherever and hook'er up.

Be aware that if you have weak signals on certain TP's they will be slightly lower with the longer run and the connector.

If you can re-route the cable from your switch or dish more directly to the new room, that is better.

I had a run the installer used that ran from the back of the house to the front side then inside and over to my living room. A total of probably 80 ft. I ran the line directly from the dish at back to the center of the house (30 ft) and upped my 129 signal by 5-7 dB. Fewer dropouts now.

do exactly what jim said, but run DUal RG-6.. in case in the future.